Menu
need information for my trip
Jun 19, 2006 05:30
  • CAMILLE
hello, sorry for my english i'm going to try to explain my problem.
i would like to go from lanzhou to jiuzaigou but there is no train and plane. How can i do , is there a bus and how many times for this trip ?

i know it's possible to go to ghengdu and take plane to jiuzaigou but if it's possible i will prefer to do lanzhou-jiuzaigou and jiuzaigou- chengdu so if somebody have some information, thanks a lot !
Jun 19, 2006 10:34
  • JIUZHAIGOU
Hi,I am Mickal in Chengdu.I am not sure but you try to take the train to a station names Zhaohua,then shift a bus to Jiuzhaigou.
I am wondering also you might ask some locals in Lanzhou for more info.

Mickal:Driver/guide in Chengdu
Jun 19, 2006 10:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Camille
LOnely Planet advice-

Take the train to MianYang and a bus to Nanping. Nanping is one hour north of Juizhaigou and seems to, seems to offer more bus services out of the area?????? Ask your hotel to get you a ticket on the bus or at least to help you with information. Otherwise there is a shuttle bus to the airport to fly out to Chengdu but you'll have to prebook and pay for your ticket.
We paid for ours on the way to the airport in a taxi at the new Paradise Resort which is almost half way to the airport.

(Others may have more info on where else to buy your ticket.)

or train to Jiangyou and catch the bus via Pingwu

Looking at the map the best option seems to be Jiangyou (if your train will make a stop there)bus to Songpan via Pingwu this takes you past Huanglong.

From songpan it's just a short trip about an hour over to Jiuzhaigou.

Suggest you take the bus down to Chengdu for one of the best road trips you could ever make. Raod should be much improved for most of the way but be prepared for anything. Two years almost since I was there.

Enjoy your visit.
Jun 20, 2006 04:06
  • CAMILLE
thanks for your information, i'm going to try to see these ways.
So, i have one more question about tengri desert, it's posssible to make a trip of 2 days with a night in ?
can Zhongwei be the start for this trip?
thanks
Jun 20, 2006 04:29
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Do you mean the Tengger Desert extends in Gansu, Ningxia and Inner Mogolia? If so, you can go to Zhongwei first and start a camel trip from this small county.
Jun 20, 2006 04:31
  • RITA
You can travel by this itinerary if your schedule allows and you are interested in something beautiful between Lanzhou and Jiuzhaigou: Lanzhou - Linxia - Xiahe - Luqu - Jiuzhaigou. This is great route traveling from Lanzhou to Jiuzhaigou. You can go by bus or join in a tour group with that itinerary organized by the local travel agencies. You wil see the most beautiful natural sceneries and the most unique Muslim/ Tibetan cultures along the road.
Jun 20, 2006 10:27
  • CAMILLE
ok,thank you for the information rita.
Do you know how many times we need for this trip by bus ?
And, SIVA, in fact i would talk about the tenger desert so we will start our trip from zhongwei, have you got some adress ?
Jun 20, 2006 19:59
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi CAMILLE,
You can get to Zhongwei and find some local guides. Shapotou (沙坡头), 10 kilometers west of Zhongwei county, is a good place for you to enjoy the sand as well as the Yellow River!

Enjoy your trip!
Siva
Jun 20, 2006 20:12
  • RITA
Hi Camille,

The route i suggested takes about two days to get to Jiuzhaigou with leisure visits to the highlights along the route.

1st day: Take bus from Lanzhou to linxia(two hours' bus ride, lunch and the visit to Hongyan, which is very beautiful, privously owned by a local warload, and the Mosque). Continues the journey to Xiahe, which takes about 2-3 hours, upon arrival, you can rent a bicycle to visit the Sangke Grassland, or if you arrives earlier, you can visit the Labrung Monastery. Stay overnight in Xiaha, there are lots of options on accommodations, ranging from star-rated hotels to the budget guest houses...

2nd day: Take southward bus to continue the journey to Jiuzhaigou via Luqu, where you can have a visit to the unspoiled Langmusi, which is amazing .... arrives in Jiuzhaigou
Jun 20, 2006 20:25
  • CALIFORNIA
Rita has provided an excellent route,support!!!

And Shapotou is really a nice place,desert with yellow river.

Good luck!
Jun 21, 2006 03:51
  • CAMILLE
HI EVERYBODY
just one word to say thank you for your advices.
We left france sunday so now i think we are ready to go.
we have 3 weeks to do : beijing (simatai great wall), datong, zhongwei (desert ),lanzhou-jiuzaigou, chengdu, xi'an, huashan, pingyao and beijing.
what do you think about that, is it not too much ?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: need information for my trip
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code