Menu
Summer landscapes, flowers, color?
Jun 23, 2006 12:53
  • XIAOMAGE
Gearing up for my big trip, thought I would ask another question.

I know that in many places, certain times of year just aren't ideal for looking for pretty landscapes. Everyone and their dog has snapshots of pretty mountains and valleys, but one thing I'd really like to see is vivid color. It may be difficult to expect beautiful skies, but I'm hoping there will be places outside the cities that are not drab. I'd love to find places with lots of flowers or bright green grass, but is it silly to wish for such things in the middle of summer?

Thanks in advance.
Jun 24, 2006 21:49
  • LEMONCACTUS
An interesting question Xiaomage... are you just staying in Sichuan ?

The grasslands of Inner Mongolia are famously GREEN under BLUE skies...

Shenyang is hosting an International Horticultural Show until around October... I expect lots of flowers/vivid colour there. I hope to visit it soon myself...

In Yunnan last summer I came upon fields of bright YELLOW sunflowers whilst trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge...

I've been to Sichuan but don't remember any particular vivid colours, except the luminous downtown of Chengdu in the evening ;)

oh, the Lakes in Jiuzhaigou are very vivid!

Jun 25, 2006 08:21
  • JABAROOTOO
If you are in Sichuan you will find plenty of blue skies and wonderful scenery. All the rice paddies will be super green until the end of summer when they begin to turn golden but you may not catch this.

I just love the contrast of colours and textures between different crops and between the vegitation and rocks and other things.

look forward to seeing some of your special shots.

Have fun
Post a Reply to: Summer landscapes, flowers, color?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code