Menu
some questions about dalian
Jun 26, 2006 16:07
  • INDIRA
hi all,
i am very happy about finding this site with the forum. i am going to dalian in august and september and want to join a mandarin course and a cooking course there (best would be on weekend only) do you think i can find such courses?
next question is i am a woman travelling alone - do you think there are any problems for me in this case in dalian?
is it right that flights form dalian to for example beijing or shanghai are quite cheap?
where is the best place to meet people or to go out in the evening?
i would be glad if someone could answer some of this questions
greetings
indira
Jun 26, 2006 19:59
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi indira,

Welcome to China! Dalian is a beautiful city, you will feel great when you are there!
1. I'm sure you can find some mandarin courses in Dalian since there are so many expats living and studying and working. But I'm not sure whether there are some cooking course with English speaking teachers.
2. China is a safe place, I don't think there might be any problem for a single woman. But be cautious is not a bad idea, especially those pickpockets!!
3. Yes, the flights from Dalian to Beijing and Shanghai are not expensive. Sometimes, you can get a high discount. Take a look at the head of this page and you can find a plane icon, click it and find out the price!
4. For more details about Dalian city and Dalian nightlife, you can check at our city guide:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/liaoning/dalian/index.htm

Good luck and enjoy your stay in China!
Siva
Jun 26, 2006 20:25
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Indira,

Siva has answered your questions so well,and I have the same answers to the first three question.

4.Dalian has many squares,and a lot of persons in there in the night.You can meet locals in there.For example,Xinghai Square,Xinghai Park,Renmin Square and Olympic Square.

Good luck!
Jul 13, 2006 09:12
  • JOHNWANGJZ
I am a dalianese,if you come here,maybe I can do some favor.I don't know where to learn cooking,but if you want to go somewhere or lost your way,you can phone me,I can tell you the right way.may you a good time.

John wang 13840968366
Jul 15, 2006 05:01
  • INDIRA
thanks a lot for aswering my questions!
greetings indira
Post a Reply to: some questions about dalian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code