Menu
taxi rate???
Jun 29, 2006 01:58
  • MASTERMGT
how much would it cost from the Pu Dong airport to the famous tv tower in shanghai? i also read that its better to pay the taxi driver ahead of time instead of them using the meter. how much should i pay to get the right deal?

thanks
Jun 29, 2006 03:59
  • PINETREE
You shouldn't worry about taxi fares at all in China. From Pudong airport to the tv tower should cost around only us$15.
Don't waste your time bargaining with the airport taxi over $15, pl. Just go by its metre.
Aug 8, 2006 10:48
  • CHAYE
Yes, as PINETREE says, all ways use meter. If you take taxi from taxi stop, there will be basically no problem.

I don't know how often it happens, in my case, a driver gave me a fake 50RMB bill as change. Actually you don't know if it is fake or not if you are not used to see it. So you better prepare 50RMB bill not to receive as a change.

If you unfortunately receive fake one, you have noe way to use it. Every shops, driver can easily recognize it is fake. Bank never take care of it.

Basic taxi fare is 11RMB.
Now there is "Shanghai Maglev Train" to get to the city. Cheaper, can be faster and exciting!

(but there need to be transfer to subway or taxi to the where you want to get)
http://www.hzinfos.com/traffic/linear.htm (sorry mainly Japanese)
Aug 9, 2006 00:28
  • CALIFORNIA
I agree with Pinetree!

It's about 120RMB:-)Taxi in Shanghai is very nice!
Post a Reply to: taxi rate???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code