Menu
Where can I find it-The Jiayang Trainset?
Jun 29, 2006 04:42
  • JIUZHAIGOU
I heard of the Jiayang Trainset,only the one trainset still running every day by steam in narrow track in the world,It is said which is the relic of 18 century industry revolution.
It seems close to Leshan area,should be at Qianwei county,80km away from Leshan,so,the route is Chengdu-Leshan-Qianwei-Emei-Chengdu.

Hope see more info about it.

Mickal:Driver/guide in Chengdu

yahoo.com|csm028

Jun 29, 2006 20:06
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Jiayang Trainset(嘉阳煤矿小火车),which has been operated for over half a century, was listed into National Industry Heritage this year. It is located at Jianwei County, Leshan City(乐山市犍为县).
You can take the coach to Mochuan or Mabian at Chengdu Shiyang Coache Station and get off at Jianwei County. You can also go to Leshan City first and then take a coach there.

Wish you can find it easily.

Jun 30, 2006 04:44
  • JIUZHAIGOU
True,it is in Qianwei county,not far from Leshan,some people said that trainset is very crowded and dirty,no windows,narrow compartment,one of them will fill with the pigs or chiken for sale by locals,it runs slowly but the price is cheap, only 2-3rmb for one ticket,along the route,the buildings appear 1960's appearance,very mysterious,like a remote island in the globe.

Mickal:Driver/guide in Chengdu

yahoo.com|csm028

Post a Reply to: Where can I find it-The Jiayang Trainset?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code