Menu
Chengdu to Tibet
Jun 29, 2006 09:54
  • BACKPACKGIRL
Hey everyone - I'm new to this site and have a question about getting into Tibet. I will be in Chengdu and want to go either by plane or train (any suggestions?)I am an American girl who might be traveling alone - do I need to join a tour to get into Tibet or can I do it alone? Also, if I do go, do I need a multiple entry visa to China?? About how much is the average cost? Thanks for all your help!
Jun 30, 2006 01:05
  • JUN83
Just wondering, will u be in chengdu in august?

Jun
Jun 30, 2006 01:51
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Take a flight can save a lot of time. Foreigners are expected to travel in package to Tibet and should get the Tibet Travel Permit first. You don't need multiple entry visa, just the Tibet Travel Permit!
It's hard to say how much it may cost. It depends on where you go, how long will you stay and how much you spend, etc..
Jun 30, 2006 04:55
  • JIUZHAIGOU
When you buy air ticket,the price 1900rmb is including tour Tibet permit,you can do it on your own.you can buy it at some gesthouses in Chengdu or contact to me.

Mickal in Chengdu

yahoo.com|csm028
Jun 30, 2006 12:07
  • BACKPACKGIRL
No, unfortunetly I won't be getting to Chengdu until early to mid September...where and when are you traveling? After China, I am heading down into Southeast Asia, hopefully by Oct 1st to avoid the National Holiday.
Jul 2, 2006 04:46
  • BONKINASIA
Now there is a direct train from Chengdu to Lhasa. It takes 48 hours to reach Lhasa and the train will leave Chengdu in the evening (either 5 or 6 pm). The fare are: Rmb 359 for hard seat, Rmb 813 for hard bed and rmb 1282 for soft bed. This new line just in operation from yesterday.

Regards.

Bonkinasia
Jul 3, 2006 02:09
  • JUN83
Hey bokinisia,
Is the fare that u mention round trip? And what about the permit thing? Is it just the like the 'tour' package?

Jun
Post a Reply to: Chengdu to Tibet
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code