Menu
Need some advice travelling Huangshan & Yixian County
Jul 3, 2006 08:49
Hello guys,

i'm new here so be kind :)

i'm a photographer and i'm going to shanghai and huangshan next month and i was just wondering if you could give me some input as how i should go about the tours especially in huangshan.

i will be going to shanghai attending the imaging expo and the wedding expo. i will be going with a colleague of mine. and probably we'll spend most of the time from morning till maybe 7-8pm. we'll probably have some time to sightsee shanghai inbetween or when we need to get a break.

we will leave shanghai on the 16th at night to huangshan. and go back to shanghai on the 19th at night. and catch a plane back to jakarta on the 20th morning.

regarding tours and airline tickets, i've been looking up things an sending emails to travel agents and getting quotes. is this the best and cheapest way or doing it at a travel agent in shanghai might be a better idea?

I was just planning a rough itinenary that goes like:
Day1: arrive and sleep at one of the hotels (maybe Yungu / International Hotel)
Day2: go up to the mountain using the cable car and spend the day n see the sunset and spend hte night at the shilin hotel
Day3: watch the sunrise at scenic area and visit a couple more places and go down to see and photograph the tunxi st and buy some gifts/antiques
Day4: maybe go to Jade Valley + Hongchun village + Nanping/Xidi.

what do you guys think of my plan, it's my first time to china so i'm quite exicted :)

oh and the quotes i've been getting, all for the similar places and hotels and including air tickets. one of them was quoting 5,000RMB(for 1) and 10,000(for 2) which i think is too expensive and especially not getting discounts for 2 person travel. and another was quoting me 5000(for 1) and 6600 (for 2).
what do you guys think of the price?

many thanks for having the care to read my post, and i hope you can give me some pointers. thank you very much.

Best regards,
Albert gunawan

Jul 4, 2006 08:30
  • PINETREE
It depends on how physically fit you are Albert. HuangShan is very beautiful. I would recommend spending 2 day up there & staying overnite on the mountains. To enjoy HuangShan it is imperative that you be fit else there will be many spots that you cannot access to.
U can also spend 2 days at ground level - visitng the small city + other attraction areas around it. I heard XiDi is very nice too.
If u don't mind travelling on your own, then u can just hop into a taxi at the railway station and tell them your desire. They will offer to bring you around at probably a much lower rate than from the tour agency.
Otherwise u can contact TCG. Most hotels will also arrange tours for you either privately or joining others.
Enjoy.
Jul 5, 2006 11:30
thanks for the reply pinetree

well i'm pretty fit, im only 22 but my travel companion is about 40. but yea he should be pretty fit. and i am planning to take a lot of photos and im pretty hyped up for it so fitness shouldn't be a problem.

anyways thanks for the tips, i think i will be booking a tour from a travel agent that's gonna cost me about 7000RMB with all the costs and flight tickets.

if you guys got anymore input, bring it on, i will be confirming in the next couple of days.
cheers, albert
Jul 5, 2006 22:07
  • PINETREE
Albert of Indonesia ?
It's good to hear that you are going to spend some of your money in China. Try to spend more than the 7000rmb please.
Post a Reply to: Need some advice travelling Huangshan & Yixian County
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code