Menu
best scenery on the cheap?
Jul 3, 2006 13:22
  • XIAOMAGE
Since this is tourist season in China, I have a feeling that many of the most popular places (Huanglong, Jiuzhaigou, Huangshan, etc.) will have expensive admission fees. While I would very much like to see some of those areas, I simply can't really afford to visit all the places I'd like to.

As a photographer, I'm always looking for interesting new things. However, China is a rather big place and it's not likely that I will just "stumble" on a great scene. I was wondering if anyone knew of good places in Sichuan, Guangxi, or even Yunnan that may offer some fascinating views this time of year without being too crowded or expensive? Even if I don't get superb photographs (weather would really need to cooperate), at least being somewhere inspiring would be nice.

So far I'm planning on visiting the Longji terraced fields in Longsheng as well as going to Guilin and perhaps Yangshuo. I read another post about shenxian chi (fairy pools) in Sichuan, and am interested in any other really nifty places to visit for some inspiration and relaxation.

Any advice would be appreciated, as always!
*Robert.
Jul 3, 2006 22:20
  • CALIFORNIA
For Yuannan,I recommend Yuanyang,Honghe,and Nu River area!

Good luck!
Post a Reply to: best scenery on the cheap?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code