Menu
Is Yangshou worth staying overnight?
Jul 9, 2006 00:56
  • QIANLAND
Hi, we are traveling with 2 young kids. We will be in Guilin area for only 4 nights with many baggages:-( I am trying to find out 1) whether we should stay in Guilin for all 4 nights and take a day trip to Yangshou, or stay at Guilin and Yangshou each for 2 nights. 2) if we do stay at Yangshou, is it rather troublesome to take all the baggages and later on get on an airplane to Xiamen? Thanks for any insight!

Jul 9, 2006 01:20
  • LEMONCACTUS
This is a difficult one to answer. Yang shuo is a fabulous place, incredible scenery and you only have to check out what others say about it on this forum to realise that. Most of us who have been there only wish we could've stayed for longer.

How old are your children ?

Yang shuo is a place to unwind and relax. A very small, bustling town. But the best things to do are hire a bike and get out and explore the surrounding countryside (moon hill, rivers, rice plantations, limestone pinnacles etc etc), or raft on the river, or all of this.

Guilin is a much bigger city, with nice parks and pagodas and the river running through the centre.

Perhaps a day trip, leaving all your baggage at a hotel in Guilin is your best bet. It's not far on the bus to Yang shuo, and cheap, and at least you'll get a feel for the place...

have a lovely trip.
Jul 9, 2006 01:33
  • RITA
Well, it depends on what you expect...
If i were you and i have four nights in Guilin area, i will have one night in Yangshuo, it is a lovely place, bars, natural sceneries, villages along the Yulong River - you can go for bike riding, hiking, rafting ... all fun both to adults and kids.

If you go at this time of the year, make sure the hotel you will stay is not so close to river or pond that there will be lots of mosquitoes.

The luggage, don't worry about that, you can only take those you have to use daily with you to Yangshuo, and leave the others at the hotel in Guilin - that, i think, is free of charge.

Enjoy your stay!
Post a Reply to: Is Yangshou worth staying overnight?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code