Menu
Budget accomodation in Shenzhen and Chongquing
Oct 3, 2004 10:33
  • BERT
I plan to travel to Shenzhen and Chongquing later this year for a couple of weeks.

Can anyone tell me where and how I can find some budget accomodation.

Any good place to stay in these cities.

Anyone3 know about homestay. Stay with a family for a couple of weeks and teach english and western culture in exchange? Ayy such scheeme?

Bert&ifemail=Y
Oct 9, 2004 09:45
  • DAISY
Hi, Bert!

The apartment in Chongqing: you can find some information about apertment rental in

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/d_forum_d2.asp?pp=1&i=1397

And hotle:
Chongqing Cygnet Hotel (Xiaotian'er binguan 3 Star) is conveniently situated in the heart of the city. It is about 16km from the airport, 5km from the railway station and 6km from the pier.
http://www.cqcygnet.com/index_en.htm

Apartment rental in Shenzhen, please try this site
http://rent.sz.soufun.com

And hotel:
Shenzhen Lao Di Fang Hotel (Laodifan dajiudian), is situated in the heart of Shenzhen City, close to the railway station and the Wenjindu Vehicle Check point with neighboring Hong Kong. http://www.laodifanghotel.com/doce/about_us.htm

Hope can give you a help ^_^
Oct 12, 2004 13:02
  • YING
Dear Bert,

I saw the message you left on web for looking to rental apartment in Chongqing for a couple of weeks.

First of all, I would like to make self-introduction to you. My full name is Patricia Yu.Chinese name is Ying. I am native of Chongqing. Upon graduation from Sichuan Foreign Language Institute in 2001, I was recommended by college to British Consulate Chongqing Office as trainee for six months. I am currently working as secretary of general manager for one of joint ventures in Chongqing. Our company is an automobile parts manufacturer which is called “DUC SEALS INTERNATIONAL (CHINA) LTD.”(www.dukeseal.com).

Because my boss has kept very good relationships with former British Consul-General Chongqing ---- Mrs. Carma Elliot and I had working experience there, through her strongly recommendation, I rent my new apartment to Mrs. Gill Wood for three months in the early of this year. This tenant is a visiting scholar from U.K. for culture exchange. She appreciated me a lot before back U.K. as my apartment and the service I provided are satisfactory. Therefore, as you may aware, I had experience on how to deal with foreigner, especially in commercial apartment rental. So I believe that you won’t be disappointed if you could choose reliable Patricia as your landlord in the future.

At this time, I am enclosing three pictures and details of my apartment to your mailbox. If you or your friends are interested in it, please let me know. Meanwhile, I do hope your travel in China goes well with you.

Look forward to your reply soon.

Thanks and kind regards,

Patricia

Phone: +86 (0)23 6862 1014
Fax: +86 (0)23 6888 0078
E-mail: dukeseal.com|wy-yu

Oct 25, 2004 14:17
  • DARRENWANG
Hi Bert,

When are you coming to Shenzhen?

Regarding budget accomodation, there are many choices in Shenzhen.

Just let me know how many of you are coming, the purpose you are visiting Shenzhen, how long you are going to stay in the city. Then I probably can be helpful to you.

I am a local Shenzhener, used to study in Europe, so I have knowledge about the budget tour, say cheap hotels, Youth Hostel, and homestay too.

If you still feel like being assisted, just drop me an e-mail yahoo.com|dagenw

B. Regards,
Darren
Sep 15, 2009 04:20
  • CEBUTOCHINA
Daisy, you seem to know about Chongqing, maybe you can help.
I arrive at Chongqing airport at 23:35 pm. My hotel is Hanting Express Nanping Nan An district.
Would taxi be my best option from airport to hotel.
do many of the cheaper hotels have internet access?
Don
Sep 16, 2009 19:11
  • ELLYSE
"Best" is subjective. I would perhaps prefer to take the airport shuttle as far as it would go, then get a taxi to the hotel from there. You'd save a bit on the hefty taxi fare.
A lot of the budget hotels aimed at Chinese business travellers do have Net access.
Post a Reply to: Budget accomodation in Shenzhen and Chongquing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code