Menu
visting shanghai
Oct 4, 2004 07:57
  • MARORA99
I'm going to have a 2-day stop over in shanghai on my way to india and was wondering if I should spend one of those days visiting either, suzhou or zhou zang. If anyone can recommend which one of these places if any are better to vist I would really appreciate it.
Oct 4, 2004 21:43
  • MINL
Hi
Both of the two places are beautiful. They are all world's heritage and they are at the same direction.And two days is enough. Shuzhou is famous of her garden and Zhouzhuang is famous of her traditional town.
Nov 10, 2004 08:56
  • BILLIE
i've read from several best-sellers that shanghai is a romantic city with romantic people sitting in a romantic restaurant talking romanticly.but since i've never been there before and've got no idea about how romantic it really is,could any post anything in detail about this place?
Nov 10, 2004 09:10
  • DAISY
it could exist in everywhere
and could not be anywhere.
that depends.....................

i'm getting tired of the metropolis.
maybe i should go back to the countryside.
haha..................
Nov 10, 2004 09:12
  • ANNA
in my view, Si nan Rd., Heng Shan Rd, mao ming Rd, etc, and the Bund, lanes along Su zhou river, oh, my god, too romantic!
Nov 16, 2004 10:09
  • DALE
I prefer Zhouzhuang! It is the city renowned for its Waterlanes & Stone bridges!
The layout of the water lanes in Zhouzhuang is perfectly arranged that it looks like a Chinese character “#”. Many stone bridges are built over them, linking up the households on both sides of every stream. These stone bridges are very old, 14 of which were built respectively in the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. The most representative among them are the Twin Bridges, Fu’an Bridge, Zhenfeng Bridge and Fuhong Bridge, etc… A beautiful saying is very popular among the folks in China-“The Heavens have their Paradise while the earth is proud of having Suzhou and Hangzhou”. Zhouzhuang is just like Water lily in-between.
Post a Reply to: visting shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code