Menu
Night markets
Oct 7, 2004 00:37
  • STUBBS
I am wondering what kind of night life there is in Beijing. What types of places are open and how long. I have heard of these night markets that sell virtually anything and everthing, as to where they are i have no idea. What time are the bars open to and when is last call? Thanks for your help.
Oct 7, 2004 06:28
  • RMAYEKAR
One of the best things about Beijing is the nightlife! I had so much fun and never really ran out of things to do. I was there in college with 50 other college students so my activities were usually not of the "cultured" kind. But if you want to have a good time, here are some suggestions.
If you want to go to bars, go to beer street (San Li Tun). You'll see a huge beer mug and you'll know you're in the right place. There's Poacher's, Moonhouse, Durty Nellie's, and hundreds of other options.
If you want to go dancing, go to Vic's by Worker's Stadium. The only downside is that you are literally packed like sardines in a can on Sat. nights but I guess that's the fun in it all.
I usually went to Wanfujing for the night market. The vast array of cool food and fun people was always a treat. Have fun!
Oct 8, 2004 10:39
  • BILLIE
Hi, you can find what you need and many bars and pubs in

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/d_tip.asp?d=28&i=8

and in Sanlitu there have many choices for you.

Now the area is choked with bars, with new ones opening all the time. Many are rip-offs of their popular neighbours - if one does well, soon four more will open around it with nearly the same name. Originally aimed at the city's foreign community, they are now patronized as much by locals. For Western visitors, the scene around Sanlitun can look eerily familiar - pretty much everything is just like home, including the prices. An alternative bar scene exists in Haidian , around the university district in the northwest. With a largely student clientele, the bars here are cheaper and hipper, with a little more edge to them.
Post a Reply to: Night markets
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code