Menu
skiing in china
Oct 7, 2004 08:20
  • DAVIDHOH
I would like to have a skiing holiday with my family in china in mid december 2004 for one week and wonder if anyone has any recommendations to any ski resorts with safe and good facilities(with ski school)and onsite accommodation (or very near to the lifts on foot).
I've heard of Yabuli and Lijiang but cannot get any indepth info in my searh so far

Thanks
david
Oct 7, 2004 08:56
Here are some info abt ski resort in China.
http://www.business-in-asia.com/skichina.html
I will check more if you need. DOn't be hasated to ask.
Oct 8, 2004 13:40
  • CHRIS
Found this for you, hope it can help ^_&

http://www.yabuliski.com/english/xuechang/index.htm

Trails: 11
Skiable Acres: 1,500 (plus snowcat skiing)
Annual snowfall: 300"

Nordic: 5 km groomed
Snowboards: Yes

Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM daily
Night Skiing: Until 10:00 PM daily

Information: 86-451-3455088
Lodging: 86-451-3455088
Snow conditions: 86-451-121

Getting There: To get to Yabuli International Ski Resort from Harbin, take Hwy Harbin-Mudanjiang to Exit at Yabuli, total distance is about 110miles. Can also get there by train, take train T479/481 from Harbin, get off at Yabuli.
Nov 14, 2004 18:59
  • DAVIDHOH
dear tomorrowneverdie,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have received mixed reviews about yabuli.
Some say it is not worth going if one is a good skier.
Does anyone personally know what are the facilities like on the slopes ?
how many slopes are there ?
skilifts?
accommodation?
is it better to book a package from a tour agent?if so is there a reliable agent in china?
David
Nov 15, 2004 10:00
  • DAISY
Trail
Yabuli International Ski Resort is the only international standardized ski resort in China, trails’ class, quantity and length all reached No.1 in the country.
Trail length: All 11 trails exceed 1km (0.6 mile), and trail No.5 is the longest trail in Asia (5km).
Trail vertical drop: Vertical drop range from 200m to 1200m, average is 700m.
Trail slop: Range from 32 degree to 1 degree.
Trail width: Range from 80m to 15m.

Lift
Yabuli International Ski Resort has 9 lifts cover the whole ski area, total captivity could reach 1500 person per hour. The longest lift exceeds 1606m, vertical drop reaches 570m, average slop is 18?
Snow
Yabuli International Ski Resort has the best snow and the longest ski season in China. Average snow fall is 20-50cm at lower part of the mountain, 100cm at the top of the mountain.

Cost
Cost for the resort can vary greatly. It is generally a RMB300-500 for use of the resort (depending upon your skill level). It is then around RMB100 for ski and equipment rental. A standard double room in the resort will cost RMB540 (Windmill Villa, Tel: 0451-3455168). You may also be able to stay more cheaply in the Yabuli town. Hotels here range upwards from a lowest price of RMB70, although these will be hard to reserve prior to arrival and not all take foreigners.
Dec 13, 2004 08:17
  • DAVIDHOH
Dear Daisy,
Thank you for the informative reply which is much appreciated.
Is there any apres-ski at windmill resort or at Yabuli village? shopping at yabuli?

I will also be in Beijing and Harbin.
I plan to stay at Crowne Plaza ( wangfujiang) in Beijing .Is it decent or can anyone recommend any other hotels around the RMB600 region at a convenient location to the sites and shopping?
likewise Harbin?

I also understand that it is cheaper to buy internal flights when you arrive in China and that you can obtain discounts of up to 40% of the fare.How do I go about this and where?
thank you

david
Dec 13, 2004 09:22
  • DAISY
Two lodging places called "Windmill". One is Windmill Hotel, and the other is Windmill Villa. The mountainside hotel at Yabuli offers the studios and suites with walk-to-the-slopes convenience, which could resolve your question about "Is there any apres-ski at windmill resort".

And "shopping at yabuli?"
I think you must want to buy some ski instrument, don't you?
Yabuli Skis Shop can offer all kinds of instruments, such as Alpine Skis, Snow board, Ski Clothing, Accessories including the Ski boot, Pool, Binding, Goggles, Glove, Ski Vest...
If you need some commodity, there have many convenient shopes^_^

Hope can give a idea:D
Feb 28, 2005 00:50
  • DIANXIAO
if you are a really die-hard skier, go skiing in switerland, chinese ski resorts just cannnot compete with ski resorts of the U.S and Europe.
Mar 1, 2005 00:48
  • DIANXIAO
hmm, the equipement there is not of the best quality, the offer some name brands such as aotmic and elan , but they do not have the variety other companies do, and if you are not a advance skier, buying skis is not worth it, if you do not know already, skis for adults are about 400 USD or about 3,200 RMB, that doesn't include bindings, boots, or poles. My skis that I own are 120 cm and are rapidly growing too small, so teens and children should not have their own skis because they grow out of them extremely quickly
Mar 1, 2005 07:04
  • DAVIDHOH
we were looking for ski equipment -any shops in beijing to buy genuine ski jackets and clothings + skis+boots?Is it cheaper in china or usa?
Sep 30, 2006 12:37
  • TILLOTSON
Skiing in China is very much designed for Chinese Skiers, the several million of them, mostly beginners. However, there are some places worth visiting if you want both some decent New England type skiing and a chance to see some off the tourist track parts of China as a Chinese would see them. I started doing this last year and had a great time. If you would like to know more visit my site www.chinaskitours.com. In addition to those areas listed, I will be adding Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang this coming winter.
Post a Reply to: skiing in china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code