Menu
May be moving to Shenzhen
Oct 7, 2004 11:31
  • WANGHUANG
I have a few questions:
(1) My kids are aged 6 and 3 and I need to think about their schooling if we do move to Shenzhen. We will not be able to afford sending them to the ~$18K per year international schools. Would anyone know if there are cheaper alternatives? That is, good schools that teach in both English & Mandarin?
(2) What about housing? What are the alternatives? We'd prefer a house over a condo but I assume that would be more expensive. What are the price ranges for houses and 3-4 bedroom condo units in a nice area (not in the city center)?
(3) How much would it cost to hire a live-in household helper? We don't necessarily need an English speaking one since I started learning Mandarin and I want my kids to learn it as well.(4) Are there any working mother support groups?I'd appreciate any information any of you may have out there.
Oct 7, 2004 11:55
  • BUBBLEGAL
hi,
i m living in shenzhen , here are my suggestions:
first, there are some schools that they teaching both in chinese and english. for example, there is an international school in shekou, teachers are all from overseas.
second, to hire a helper who can speak english, u 'd better to hire philipino or indoesians. cost about 5000rmb~8000rmb per month.
Post a Reply to: May be moving to Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code