Menu
jiuzhaigou, emeishan ,leshan cheap room!!
Jul 22, 2006 03:49
  • MU6GENG
I and 7 friends are going to Sichuan on this november. and would love to go to Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, emeishan, and leshan.

Chengdu has no problem to find Hostel to stay, but JZG,EMI,and LES are not. We could not find hostel from internet.

Pls, help me to answer these questions.

1. Hostel's names in Jiuzhaigou, and how to contact them?

2. At Emeishan we would love to stay in the temple on the top. Is it possible? if yes...How?

3. Hostel's names in Leshan, and how to contact them?

thanx you
Jul 23, 2006 03:05
  • JIUZHAIGOU
How will you go these places,do you need minibus rental?I am Mickal in Chengdu,I can try to reserve for your stay at these places.

Mickal: Driver/guide in Chengdu

yahoo.com|csm028
Jul 23, 2006 06:42
  • LEMONCACTUS
1. Do you mean inside Jiuzhaigou Park itself or in the town outside the park ?
If you want to stay in the park you can turn up at one of the villages (stockades) and get a room there. Very cheap and basic, but well worth it for a different view of JZG.
Outside the park are many hotels. Don't think there are any hostels, but the hotels are cheap enough! I'm sorry I don't have any details. I wouldn't worry about booking in advance if that is your concern, especially in November. It will be easy to get rooms.

2. I don't know about staying at the top. Last time I went I stayed at Elephant Bathing Pool Monastery about 3/4 of the way up. It was clean & basic, no showers though, but they do have hot running water and a bowl... which your feet will love after all those steps. It was 30rmb for a night. I expect hotels at the top to be more expensive... are you sure there is a monastery on the top ? When I went last summer there were hotels and lots of cranes building stuff, but no monastery.

For more info on these places you should check out the sections on TCG.

Have a great trip :)
Jul 23, 2006 10:08
  • MU6GENG
thank mikal and leomoncactus!!

Aug 31, 2007 17:54
  • GRIZ326
There are hotels around the bus station at the top of the mountain. The one I stayed in was 450 RMB and in total disrepair; I was so tired that I did not care.

In Emei Shan the town, the Teddy Bear Hotel (http://www.teddybear.com.cn/) is a great value.

I did not spend the night in Leshan...just saw the great Buddha and returned to Chengdu.
Aug 16, 2010 01:05
GUESTHENRY Hello,
We plan to stay 1 night in Jinding - top of Emeishan at the end of Oct. 2010. Do you have a ny suggestion such as guest-house, weather, food...
We also want to hire a mini bus 16 seats to Leshan & Emei for 2 days.
Post a Reply to: jiuzhaigou, emeishan ,leshan cheap room!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code