Menu
Shopping
Oct 8, 2004 03:13
  • STUBBS
Where are there good places to shop for cloths, watches, and portable dvd players? If anyone has any info please drop me a line...
Oct 11, 2004 01:45
  • PEKINGIRL
For clothes and watches,in the east of beijing(chaoyang district,there are XiuShui Market and Ya Xiu Market)both foreigners and chinese native like to buy here,but you have to learn to bargain with them!!
For DVD players,in the shopping mall you can find many,and they are cheap and qualified,of course you can find more cheaper in some other special places,but they will get you involved trouble with repairing them many times.;-)
Oct 11, 2004 12:09
  • RMAYEKAR
I love love love love (shall I go on?) the Pearl Market. I think it's a shopper's dream! You can get anything and everything you want here. Although it is mainly famous for the great pearl bargains you can find, the market sells just about everything. Clothes, accessories, electronics, luggage, "antiques", souveniers, scrolls, textiles... let's just say the list goes on. The best part is the bargaining... and you can get things at super good deals.

There is also some shopping to do at a market area near the zoo. I remember them having all different kinds of clothes. I don't know the exact name of the market though.

Oct 12, 2004 11:26
  • MOOMOO
PekinGirl:

What about bedding? I am looking for western sized sheets, etc. in PEK, and know about the Pearl Market.

Any ideas?
Post a Reply to: Shopping
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code