Menu
Are there enough rooms in side the JZG park?
Jul 25, 2006 06:40
  • MU6GENG
all of my group total 8 lifes are going to Jiuzhaigou on this November. Ans we would like to stay in side the park, that's no resevation. That makes us start to worry about rooms.
Are there enough rooms for us or not? And about food on that period...Is it easy to buy?

thanx so much
Jul 25, 2006 19:55
  • MAY001
I don't know too much about the hotels in JZG. But I've heard that the food there is expensive!! It's best to take enough food with you.

You can try TCG hotel:
http://hotel.travelchinaguide.com/jiuzhaigou-hotels/
Jul 25, 2006 20:06
  • LEMONCACTUS
It's hard to say for sure, as I visited the park in summer, and there's certainly no problem to find enough rooms within the park. There are 3 villages and each has plenty of houses, and (I think I've said this before, but perhaps somewhere else) very, very few tourists stay overnight in the park.

In the winter it may be a little different. But as the people in the stockades (villages) live there all year round, I'm sure they will make their rooms available all year round. It can help them to make a little extra money.

I'd advise taking sleeping bags though, or asking for blankets, it might get pretty cold and there's no heating.

Food within the park is very limited and, of course, more expensive than outside. Last summer there were no restaurants, just places selling pot noodles and a couple of BBQ stalls set up in the street. That's lamb/beef roasted over coals on skewers (perfect in winter!)

Agree with Rita... take some food inside with you, purchased from outside the park and perhaps get a pot noodle to warm you up in the evening ;) It's amazing how good they can taste!!

have a great time, hope this helps.
Jul 25, 2006 20:06
  • LEMONCACTUS
It's hard to say for sure, as I visited the park in summer, and there's certainly no problem to find enough rooms within the park. There are 3 villages and each has plenty of houses, and (I think I've said this before, but perhaps somewhere else) very, very few tourists stay overnight in the park.

In the winter it may be a little different. But as the people in the stockades (villages) live there all year round, I'm sure they will make their rooms available all year round. It can help them to make a little extra money.

I'd advise taking sleeping bags though, or asking for blankets, it might get pretty cold and there's no heating.

Food within the park is very limited and, of course, more expensive than outside. Last summer there were no restaurants, just places selling pot noodles and a couple of BBQ stalls set up in the street. That's lamb/beef roasted over coals on skewers (perfect in winter!)

Agree with Rita... take some food inside with you, purchased from outside the park and perhaps get a pot noodle to warm you up in the evening ;) It's amazing how good they can taste!!

have a great time, hope this helps.
Jul 25, 2006 21:11
  • MU6GENG
really thanx so much all...
Post a Reply to: Are there enough rooms in side the JZG park?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code