Menu
Don't walk outside alone during night in Beijing
Jul 25, 2006 20:07
  • BYPASSER
Saddly report that an Italy girl got killed aroun Chaoyang Park, Beijing in yesterday night. Please make sure do NOT go out alone during night, it's dangrous.

Jul 25, 2006 20:16
  • BYPASSER
You can get the link at http://beijinginsight.com/english/viewtopic.php?t=23 for this accident.
Jul 25, 2006 20:20
  • LEMONCACTUS
This is very sad news to hear.

I have been to Beijing many times, and walked around after dark on my own, but most of the time in very populated areas around Tian'anmen and Wanfujing. I have always felt safe doing this, in fact in general, I feel China is much safer than back home in the UK.

I guess it reminds us all to be cautious.

Is Chaoyang Park remote ? I don't know this place.
Jul 25, 2006 20:25
  • RITA
So sorry to hear.

It's pretty late at 2am, at least get companion/s if you have to go outside at that time, no matter foreigners or the locals, especially girls.
Jul 25, 2006 20:33
  • CALIFORNIA
So sorry to hear that!

Chanyang Park area was in the east of Beijing,and near Sanlitun,that also a foreigne area,near many embassies.

Usually,I return my apartment very late,and it's ok!

Take care!!!
Jul 26, 2006 14:26
  • GRIZ326
One killing is nothing to be alarmed about...major American cities have murders every day.

Crime is part of the societal corruption caused by capitalism/money/greed/envy and so forth. I could see I could see the ugly blossom budding while I was there. It saddened me.

...but don't be alarmed, crime in China is still rare.
Jul 26, 2006 16:47
  • GERALDINE
This is very sad to hear- I loved walking around Beijing after dark and seeing the vibrant street life in action- I am sure if you are careful and not alone things will be Ok- Such a shame!!
Jul 26, 2006 19:43
  • RITA
We don't know what exactly happened at the moment and how the girl got robbed and killed. I read the news on Sina.com, apparently the place was very quiet and secluded, or else she did not have to manage to move forward about 100 meters to seek help but finally failed. This thought just popped up into my mind, well, except cautions should be exercised as much as one can do, when one confronts robbery, what is the top priority, life or purse? (sorry if the above comments sound relentless.)

Maybe, this should be a topic discussed in a new thread.

The golden rule is just like the title of this thread: DON't WALK OUTSIDE ALONE DURING NIGHT IN BEIJING(and anywhere else).
Aug 11, 2011 22:03
GUESTGETEXPA... I just got a new tattoo and tried H2ocean and it burned my skin and tattoo is scabbing..Anyone have any ideas on something that actually works?
Aug 12, 2011 08:43
  • CROSIS
I was in Beijing again in Jan 2011 and in May 2011 and we often went wandering late at night. I take many photos. In just two years I have noticed there are more people sleeping on the street, but fortunately we have never been bothered.

Hopefully this was just a rare and very unfortunate case. I still feel much safer in Beijing than I do in the new Zealand city of Auckland late at night.
Last edited by CROSIS: Aug 12, 2011 08:44
Post a Reply to: Don't walk outside alone during night in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code