Menu
guangzhou -China Living cost
Nov 10, 2008 01:47
GUEST22118 Hi

Welcome to Guangzhou.

Yes, there are several apartments where Indian stay, here are the name of it:
- Area One (Taojin, Yuexiu District), this area has a lot of Indian, South America and Middle East people living here
1. Magnificent Hills (Taojin Jia Yuan): has swimming pool, tennis court, gym(but not so good), but there is very good gym close by
2. Fu Li Yu Long Ting (next to Magnificent Hills)
3. Taojin Hua Yuan

Rent from 2000 - 5000 RMB per month, it depends on how many bedrooms you want to take

- Area Two (Long Ko Xi, Tianhe), this area has a big Indian community, not sure the facilities, but I am sure there are tennis court, gym, swimming pool as well.

1. Di Jing Yuan

2. There is one Indian grocery available at Long Ko Xi, Tianhe District where is close to Di Jing Yuan apartment. The grocery name is Bhoom Store, tel no. is 020-87515119, it is owned by Indian, so you could speak Hindi with the Indian staff.

3. You might need to find agent to help you out this, several big agent name like: MyTopHome etc. the commission is 50% of one month rent. try few agents.

4. There is International medical facilities available here.

For more details, you can read "PRD's Guangzhou" magazine which instroduce you where to buy grocery, where to see a dentist. this magazine can be found in all the starbuck coffee shop

There are lot of Indian restaurant here, what you need, just find from the above magazine. some restaurant also sell indian DVD, and most of the restaurant has Indian TV programmes, you can ask them how to have that.

Best of luck

Nov 10, 2008 03:53
  • CHINAGUY
living in guangzhou is not expensive , but my advise for you xi`an is cheap.
Nov 26, 2008 12:06
GUEST47198 Hi

I am due to move to Guangzhou in feb next year. How is the cost of living on average and does anybody know if there is an english community there?

Thanks any response will be much appreciated.

Nov 28, 2008 04:24
  • ZENCHEN
GUEST47198,take Riverside Garden as example,RMB1200-RMB1800 for 2 bedrooms,RMB1600-RMB2800 for 3 bedrooms,RMB3500-7500 for 4 bedrooms depend on different quality.There are many foreigners and English speaking police station here.
Jan 13, 2009 05:23
GUEST11118 ok
Feb 1, 2009 08:00
  • JOSHIRV57
APAULT-EllYSE-- Apault and Ellyse,why do you even bother to comment,when you are unable to give answers properly.or even correctly. For the record,Guangz
hou is a nesting place,for the people whom you are discussing.There is no recollection of anyone asking how the people were behaving,or if they were in business
or honest or criminals. Stick to the questions,and give appropiate answers.
Mar 17, 2009 05:05
Hi

I am from India and have been offered a job with 40000 RMB per month as a postdoctoral research fellow- do u think its a good offer...will i b able to save money. I am with my wife and one 3 year old child. the company is offering only house with 2 or 3 room set. i want to know is their any tax on the fellowship and if yes how much (%). what about the children education in the international school, how much it cost ?

Regards
gmail.com|arbabbio1
Mar 17, 2009 09:08
sorry there is one correction the salary is 4000 RMB/month
Mar 21, 2009 01:05
  • ELLYSE
4000 RMB would not be really enough if you need to support your family here as well, especially if you need to pay for international schooling.
Mar 21, 2009 01:35
  • YENJAMES
Josh who are you and from what rock did you crawl out from under. APAULT and ELLYSE have answered correctly to the questions posted and have always been a great source of info on this forum, unlike you who continually insult and fill your posts with sarcasm. I deeply suspect you have an ego problem along with some hidden anger towards women, not to mention maybe being abused as a child. Sorry if i'm being mean but as we all have stated at one time or another Josh has become an annoying nuiscence here.
Page 3 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: guangzhou -China Living cost
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code