Menu
Fake market...
Jul 31, 2006 09:09
  • ZIRQUA
I am going to shanghai in about 4 weeks time and I was wondering if anybody know where the now closed Xiangyuang market is located.

I thought I read some where that even thou the chinese goverment closed it, it just re-opend somwhere else. Is that true? Is there still a fake market in Shanghai?

Thanks!

Regards,
Tommy

Jul 31, 2006 20:36
  • LOVEISVERB
Most sellers from Xiangyang Road Market transfered their 'venues' to Yatai Shenghui Square in Pudong. You can take the Subway Line 2 and get off at the Shanghai Science & Technology Museum Stop(Shanghai Keji Guan Zhan), Yatai Square is just nearby.
Aug 1, 2006 04:07
  • ZIRQUA
Thanks! Is the price the same as they where before or has they changed due to the change of location?
Aug 3, 2006 21:15
  • JESSIECHIN
Shopped in Taobao City last week and found many shops were moved from XiangYang Market. As before, u have to bargain a lot here. It's on Nanjing Rd(west), nearby Chengdu Rd
Aug 6, 2006 05:39
  • ZIRQUA
Thanks!
Jan 10, 2007 16:52
  • PAGEBOY
Please can you advise what hours the "Most sellers from Xiangyang Road Market transfered their 'venues' to Yatai Shenghui Square in Pudong" operate their business in. I am travelling to Shanghai next week. Where should I ask a taxi to take me. Is this the 4-storey high air conditioned building? Thank you.
Jan 12, 2007 06:48
  • RSANCHEZ
Currently I think the 3 markets mentioned above are OK, but the one in "Shanghai Science & Technology Museum" is far more easy to bargain if you don't speak Chinese. Also there are less people buying in that market, so is more pleasant to visit (compared to Qipu Lu). Of course still is hard to get good prices, so you have to be patient.
Jan 26, 2007 05:25
Are you sure they moved to Pu Dong, I thought they moved to Shi Long Rd in Xu Hui district.
Jan 26, 2007 06:41
I believe Qi Pu Road Market is the best choice for you.When will you come?Some shop will be closed for the Spring Festival.
Post a Reply to: Fake market...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code