Menu
Finding people who speek english in Sanya
Jul 31, 2006 19:47
I live in US and my wife is Chinese. We come to Sanya every winter for 2-3 months adn live in Dadonghai.

I love Sanya very much, but I found it diffcult to find people who speak english, to spend some time with.

I there anything like an 'expat.' community in Sanya of english speakig people? I know I can go to Yalongwan for this, but I'd rather stay in Dadonghai!

In the past Belleli fron Haikou had good avise for me: do you have any suggestions on this one?

Regards to all the groups' readers,

MV (Adrian)
Jul 31, 2006 21:54
  • BELLELI
Go to the beaches, there should be so many foreigners. : )

Good Luck!!!
Aug 2, 2006 11:47
Belleli,

Meeting people on the beach is not a bad idea. In my case, as I will spend a several weeks in Sanya, casually meeting people on the beach is not what I'm looking for.

I was hoping, however, that there already is something like a 'foreigners' forum, or that somebody may want to organize an informal 'support group' for english speaking visitors and local.

Informal, impromptu gatherings may help one spend leisure time in a social environment and in a more entertaing and effcient way. Such a group may even collect a small due, and schedule small group events at selected venues.

Adrian
Aug 2, 2006 20:44
  • BELLELI
Yes, I know what you mean, but I'm sorry I'm not in Sanya, so I don't know whether there is English salon or something else could let you know more foreigners. If you are in Haikou, I think I could help you. But in Sanya, I'm really sorry, I can't help you.

Good Luck!!!
Aug 4, 2006 16:02
  • PHIL
Myself & several mericans will be spending a lot of time in Sanya. We own property in Sanya Bay & would also like to find English speakers. Where do you live?
Aug 4, 2006 20:54
When will you be in Sanya and for how long?

Do you speak chinese?

Are you visiting with your family? How many people are in your party?

Adrian
Sep 23, 2006 07:54
  • KELLYB
we area an english couple (26 years old) living and working in sanya.
We would love to catch up and have a few beers with any english speakers in sanya rather than just meeting people on the beach.
There aren't that many of us here so its hard to find people who arren't just here on holiday

hotmail.com|kellybreakell
Oct 20, 2006 10:26
  • BRIANN
Hi. I am trying to figure out how to buy a vacation home or investment properrty in Sanya. cannot find anything on the web. I'm an american working in HK who just cannot take the pollution anymore and am looking for somewhere close and nice to put my family. any leads?

Nov 26, 2006 11:23
  • CHARLSREN
Yes,sanya is just the place you are looking for.It's very beautiful with the blue sky and good weather.

Welcome to sanya.

Recently,the Cnina govt began to restrict that only the foreigner who studied or worked over one year can buy an apartment or a house without credit.
Nov 26, 2006 17:16
  • APAULT
You can also try the universities and ask school students if they have a foreign Engl teacher. It's a small city so once to find one you will probably be in touch with the rest.
Oct 1, 2007 02:43
I started this thread almost two years ago and this is my third 'winter' in Snya.

I'm retired and, although I had sporadic 'sucess', each stay I'm looking to meet english speaking people living here 'for winter' and with a lot of time on one's hands, to help me solve all of the world's pressing problewms over a coffe or, why not, a cold beer? (cigars also ok) ;-)

Adrian
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Finding people who speek english in Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code