Menu
To the Moderators
Aug 3, 2006 08:08
  • CLIVE
Please note, I have received to messages in the past 24 hours from someone calling themselves Joycon.
The message is such that there is £6million waiting to be claimed in the Ivory Coast and this widow needs my help in collecting the money.
THIS IS A CONFIDENCE TRICK
Sooner or later I will be asked for money to help free this money and I will never hear from them again once I have given them money.
Please moderators stop these messages going to any one else.
Aug 4, 2006 10:51
  • KEVINWARDCFC
I want to endorse the warning. This is an old ocnfidence trick and has been on the rounds for years. I feel the moderators should not even allow it on the forum. There are a number of other blatant advertisements also - and these should not be allowed. While this sort of nonsense annoys, it is good to have so many other worthwhile contributions from so many members. To all of them I say a warm Thank You. Kevin
Aug 23, 2006 19:55
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi All,

I received the same msg with yours. The username of Joycon had been blocked. Sorry for the disturbance.

Christine
Aug 24, 2006 04:30
  • TEKNOMED
Christine,
I received one from ADO8050 on August 10. This "poor orphan" and his "sister" want to offer me US$4 million. Unbelivable. This ADO8050 should be blocked as well.
Aug 24, 2006 04:55
  • PINETREE
Gentlemen,
I personally don't think there is anything the Moderators can do to stop these unwanted PMs from members. Joycon can come in with another ID.
Any suggestions to help them ?
Aug 24, 2006 05:53
  • CLIVE
Hi Christine
Ritadee also needs to be removed for the same reason.
Thank you for removing joycon.
Perhaps a general message, telling how we can all report these messages to you, will get the rest. I am sure we will find that if we do take action these people will soon go and find another message board to use.
I have also posted about the need to remove adverts for such as tour guides and drivers offering their services and indeed people having property to let. The message board rules prohibit advertising but it is happening on an increasing rate. I have no objection to these people replying to someone on the board who asks for such services that is one of the puposes of the board. However, I believe what is happening is that these messages are causing genuine messages to disappear off the front page before anyone sees them and then the genuine message gets little or no reponse and the person becomes disillusioned and stops using the board
Best Wishes
Clive
Aug 24, 2006 20:01
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Pinetree,

you are totally right. there are few things i can do to stop these unwanted PMs from members. all i can do is to block the username, but another ID will appear again.

but anyway i will try my best to prevent such things from happening. therefore here i want to ask for a help. if anyone of you receive annoying pms, please paste them on the forum, then i can do something.

tnanks in advance.

sincerely,

Christine

Aug 24, 2006 20:07
  • LOVEISVERB
I got this PM from RitaDee

Quote:
Dear
RITADEE, 2006-08-18 05:26:45 GMT-5
Dear
I am Miss Rita Dikko from ivory coast the only child of Mr and Mrs J . Adams,my father was posioned to death by his business associates because of his wealth and during my fathers sickness he called me on his sick bed as his only child because my mother died when am young and told me about the money($10.500.000) he deposited in a bank here in our country that it was because of this money he was posioned that if he dies i shall look for some one whom i trust to help me transfer this money out of this our country to his account for investment purpose abroad with the person.Dear i want you to help me transfer the money out to your account for investment with you.
Contact me for details (yahoo.fr|ritadee03) and what will be your compersation.
Thanks
Rita.

Unquote

Please do something to this "Rita" too:D
Aug 24, 2006 20:12
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Loverisverb,

RitaDee and ADO8050 had been blocked.

Christine
Aug 25, 2006 08:32
  • CLIVE
Hi Christine
I have just checked the message board and there are 3 people posting adverts they are:- tanya1983 advertising a driver/guide, adamandy2003 advertising an apartment and juzhaigov advertising to be a guide.
Please can something be done to discourage such postings
Many Thanks
Clive
Aug 25, 2006 11:03
  • PINETREE
Live & let live, gentlemen. As long as it is not overdone and not done in a manner that brings disrepute to the Forum or harming other members, let them be. What if someone comes forward to suggest that "Clive" be removed for suggesting that others be removed ?
Please let the Moderators do their job. They have their own guidelines from their Management - not from other members.
Post a Reply to: To the Moderators
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code