Menu
Macau to Guangzhou
Aug 8, 2006 02:28
  • VERONSYM
Hi,

I will be flying in to Macau on Aug 23 eta 1350 hrs and will travel direct to Guangzhou from Macau Airport. Can anyone advise me if there is a direct bus from airport to Guangzhou and what time is the last bus? I will be staying in Lido Hotel at Beijing Lu. Have anyone stayed in this hotel before? What's your experience there? Is the hotel located near the shopping area? What's the weather like in Guangzhou in late August? Since this is my first time there, your advise and tips would be very much appreciated.
Aug 8, 2006 11:38
  • BETWEENUS21
yes there's direct buses from macau airport to guangzhou - once u step out of customs and into the arrival hall, there would normally be a few travel agency girls who will be asking if one needs to go to zhuhai or guangzhou - failing that, just turn left and there's a travel agency office and u can enquire there - Whilst in guangzhou if what u mentioned that Lido hotel is right on Beijing Lu, then its great as beijinglu itself is one major shopping area - but be careful of crowds and pick-pockets, and it would best ignore anyone asking for money to buy food etc or who will spin a long sob story.
Aug 8, 2006 22:22
  • VERONSYM
Thank you so much for your advise. It's good to know what to do when we step out of the departure hall. Another other advices would be most welcome.
Aug 9, 2006 04:16
  • TEKNOMED
Another interesting way to travel to Guangzhou from Macau is to get on the shuttle bus outside the airport. This shuttle will take you to the Chinese border where you cross immgration to Zhuhai. Fare is about Macua Dollar 2.50.Just outside the Chines Immigration/Customs Complex in front and also on the right hand side are bus stations with buses to Guangzhou and other part of Guandong Province. Spent a night in Zhuhai if you have the time. It is a lovely city, well spread out. Very differnt from other Chinese cities.
Aug 9, 2006 06:49
  • BETWEENUS21
if u have no intention to any other place like zhuhai; then its much better and safer to take the coaches to guangzhou direct from macau airport. the macau-zhuhai border crossing is usually very crowded and can be distractful to a foreigner as there are hardly any english signs at the immigration control and once corssed into zhuhai, one immediately comes to a huge underground/basement shopping centre and its like a big maze and the bus station itself can be messy to a foreigner. Unless u have the time and patience and even frustrations to spare, then u may want to venture via zhuhai.
Aug 11, 2006 10:18
  • VERONSYM
I think I would go for your recommendation of travelling direct from the airport to Guangzhou since the both of us can't read a word of Chinese and crossing via Zhuhai would be too 'adventurous' for first timers like us. Since we will only spend a nite in Macau, was thinking of just using HKD instead of changing to Macau currency. Do the bus companies accept payments by HKD at the airport? Is/are there any bus company(ies) that we should avoid dealing with? Don't want a bad start to our trip. Hope to bring back sweet memories instead of 'horrible' experiences.
Aug 11, 2006 10:22
  • VERONSYM
Hi Teknomed,
Thanks you for suggestion too. I will try that the next time when I have more people travelling with me. Just the 2 of us ladies would be too much to handle.
Aug 11, 2006 10:50
  • BETWEENUS21
Greetings VERONSYM - if u are staying a nite in macau - then u can purchase a macau-guangzhou bus tickets from the hotel's travel agency or concierge; and in fact there are direct buses to guangzhou from some of the major hotels and hence u need not make yr way back to macau airport. Yes, almost all the hotels accept HKD. Travel journey from macau to guangzhou would take about 2.5 hrs.
Aug 11, 2006 21:15
  • APAULT
I recently did this trip and it is very easy. Afterw alking through customs there are 'information girls' identified by the sashes they wear. I asked one in English and although she did not seem to speak English she took me down the escalator to the booking desk and then it is just 20 meters to the buses, about a half hourly service. Very easy.

In Guangzhou the terminal is very close to the main railway station, shops and hotels, and it is the beginning of the metro line. The metro is quite easy to use but you can only buy tickets from the machines..if you dont have the right money it gives change or there are change kiosks. Find the station you want and touch the screen and up comes that line, touch again and it will come up with the amount to pay. You get issued with a magnetic disc.
Aug 11, 2006 21:16
  • APAULT
I recently did this trip and it is very easy. Afterw alking through customs there are 'information girls' identified by the sashes they wear. I asked one in English and although she did not seem to speak English she took me down the escalator to the booking desk and then it is just 20 meters to the buses, about a half hourly service. Very easy.

In Guangzhou the terminal is very close to the main railway station, shops and hotels, and it is the beginning of the metro line. The metro is quite easy to use but you can only buy tickets from the machines..if you dont have the right money it gives change or there are change kiosks. Find the station you want and touch the screen and up comes that line, touch again and it will come up with the amount to pay. You get issued with a magnetic disc.
Aug 13, 2006 01:05
  • APAULT
I am a little outside the city but we are back to 'normal' weather now..... expect hot (34 C) and humid, high probability of rain many days.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Macau to Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code