Menu
Chinese Visa: Extended Stays
Aug 9, 2006 22:57
  • VINNIE77
Hi,

Can anyone who has relocated to China from the States tell me how they've been able to stay there long term? For instance, I see that with most visas you're allowed up to 30 days, then you must return. I'm planning to go three or six months at a time, maybe longer. Maybe eventually to become a resident. But first I need to know what to do to go for longer periods of time. How long are we allowed to stay before we must return home to renew our visa to go back?

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Vinnie.
Aug 9, 2006 23:09
  • EXLIFE
hi,

If u wnat to prolong your stay in China you will need to apply for an extension to their visa with appropriate reasons. The application for extension should be made at the municipal public security bureaus 7 days before visa expires. However, you should know that extension request will be denied if your duration of stay was shortened, if you do not have sufficient traveling expenses, and if you are a family visitor with no special reason for extension. Also you should know that multiple visas cannot be extended .
good luck !
Aug 9, 2006 23:13
  • EXLIFE
hi
i believe you will find your answer here http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-visa/intro-2.htm#extension
Aug 11, 2006 21:25
  • APAULT
If you go to HK or Macau you can get a 3 month visa which can be extended in China (not sure how long for). It is easiest to use CTS or some other agency. Also be aware that the implementation of rules for extending visas varies between provinces. Hebei and Shanghai seem to be strict. I am now in a small city in Guandong and my contacts know the right people.... :)

If you want to stay longer you can look into getting an F visa (business) but there is a higher cost and you must undergo a medical.

There are some professional visa services (2 in Shanghai regularly advertise).
Aug 11, 2006 23:40
  • VINNIE77
Thanks again for your reply and providing the information, it's very helpful.

One other request. Does anyone have experience in obtaining a residency permit or a green card in China? Any of their experience about this would also be very welcome.

Thanks,

Vinnie.
Dec 14, 2007 10:06
GUEST66218 Hello
Can you please tell me the city name where you renewed your visa in guangdong.
I came here with my family on L visa and i wish to have multiple or resident visa.if you know the agent,pls reply
Mar 15, 2008 01:38
GUEST89209 hi how are you doing am gianni am from nigeria i we like to extend my visa in china i have f visa i we like to know how to extend it
Mar 15, 2008 03:51
  • ELLYSE
Are you still working for the same company/school/organisation who sponsored the F visa? If you are, you have to talk to them about extending it.
Otherwise you'll have to use a visa agency if you want to extend it. No other way around the situation.
Sep 4, 2008 06:34
GUEST52549 Do you know the name of any visa service agency in Guangdong?
Mar 28, 2009 19:15
GUESTMACO what are valid special reasons for extension?
Mar 30, 2009 03:02
  • LAUREBEIJING
What exactly do you want to know?

You don't need a special reason to extend your F visa. It mainly depends on how long you have been in China for?
Please give more details of your situation so that we can help you.

Laure
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Visa: Extended Stays
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code