Menu
experiences with visas?
Apr 1, 2004 13:59
  • LUCY
Hi, I was planning a trip to Chongqing in september and am a little confused about the visa process... the chinese consolate in san francisco (the consolate that I would have to get my visa from) requires that a person pick up the visa in person or have someone else pick it up for them. Well I happen to live very far from san francisco and have no friends/family there and am curious what others have done in this situation?
Thanks
Apr 1, 2004 13:59
  • DAISY
Hi,

Re getting a visa in San Francisco. If you go through a commercial "Visa Service" they will charge you way too much money, sometimes $100 or more plus the cost of the visa. Local Chinese travel agencies in San Francisco will get your visa for you at a very low cost. I do not work for or support any of these agencies, but I will tell you that I have used an agency called Ananda Travel on Powell Street to get my visa and their charge I think was only $20 or so plus the visa cost and postage. They take in my application, get the visa 5 days later, and mail it to me. They'll use Fedex or similar to make it happen fast and reliably. Like I said, I don't work for Ananda Travel, but here is their phone number if you want to call them and check them out. I had good luck with them but there are no guarantees in life.

Have fun.
Apr 1, 2004 14:00
  • LUCY
Thanks, that's a lot of help. I'll check them out.
Apr 1, 2004 14:01
  • BETH
Just go to Hong Kong and get a visa there. One day and less money than in the US.
Apr 1, 2004 14:01
  • LUCY
have been trying to get Ananda on the phone for a while now and all I ever get is a fax machine.. does anyone know of any other travel agency that will take care of the visa dropoff and pickup for me?
Thanks again
Post a Reply to: experiences with visas?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code