Menu
bright wheather, honest people and traditonal cave dwelling, a mysterious land in shaanxi province
Aug 17, 2006 04:32
  • EXLIFE
this is a picture depicting traditional cave dwelling in the norhern part of Shaanxi Province. most people worked on the field with an annal income of less than 1,000 CNY per person. life there unimaginable?? however, people still enjoy their life: little boys play in the brooks, colorful paper cuts full of their windows and the fruits in every autumn is the motivation for their hardwork. with harsh climate, people have to work hard to make life easier. you may not know if you can not a local, fields there are moutains upon mountains.

Aug 17, 2006 04:47
  • EXLIFE
this is a picture depicting that an old man was bargaining. the draught he wanted to buy served as important means of transportation and a hand in the fields.

Aug 17, 2006 04:56
  • PINETREE
Nice work Exlife - to highlight such matters. They remind us how lucky we have been.
Thank you.
Aug 17, 2006 10:15
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Came across an earlier tv drama series set in the troglodyte dwellings of barren mountaineous Northern China, i was much intrigued when visiting these cave dwellings in Northern Shaanxi, by their earthen colour and hardiness in life, as if achieving zen with their yellow earth

Aug 17, 2006 20:02
  • MAY001
Old question: happy and rich, can they coexist?
Aug 17, 2006 20:11
  • LOVEISVERB
Author: MAY001 | -General- | 2006-08-17 20:02:51 GMT-5

Old question: happy and rich, can they coexist?

Old answer: probably not.
New answet: yes.
Aug 18, 2006 01:57
  • HEIDI
You cannot eat your cake and have it.is it also true to life? i believe people there must have their own way to live a content and satisfied life. no matter how rich or how happy you are, life is simple and time is limited, just enjoy it.
Aug 18, 2006 05:01
  • GERALDINE
Are you able to give me more sprcific location of this area it sounds very interesting and I would like to know more- cheers
Aug 18, 2006 12:59
  • GRIZ326
I think MAY001 asks what may be the most important facing China for the long term future.

The life in the USA can be easy, but alcoholism, drug addiction, divorice, suicide, murder, rape, child abuse, and other despicable behaviors are now an expected and even accepted part of it :(

I attribute that sad condition to greed and envy.

My hope is that the ancient wisdom spares China from an American fate. Sadly, ancient wisdom was not much in evidence on my China trip last month.
Aug 18, 2006 20:17
  • EXLIFE
hi GERALDINE,
this village locates in northern Shaanxi Province called Jiaxian County,Yulin. it is the Yellow River that separated it from Shanxi Province.
Aug 19, 2006 14:48
  • GERALDINE
Thank you - I will add this to my everygrowing list of places to visit for mext year- a vast country with a vast range of great places to visit- my planned trip gets longer every day!! Cheers and thanks for the info!!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: bright wheather, honest people and traditonal cave dwelling, a mysterious land in shaanxi province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code