Menu
Mid-autumn festival (一), origin
Aug 18, 2006 03:32
  • EXLIFE
On the origin of mid-autumn festival, several versions are heard. This one will be unique.
Long ago in the Qi States, there was a girl called Wu Yan who was not good looking. She worshiped the moon every day when young and then was chosen to be a consort for her lofty character. However, the emperor did not bestow favor on her because of her appearance. On one 15th August of the lunar calendar, the emperor surprisingly found that she was so beautiful and charming under moonlight and made her the Queen of the country. Since then, people began to celebrate the mid-autumn festival. Change –goddess in the moon in legends is famous for her beauty, so girl worshiped the moon in the hope of having the beauty of Change and delicate complexion like the color of the bright moon.
have you heard some others?? what about sharing it with us?

Aug 28, 2006 21:09
  • EXLIFE
oh,
it seems that no one was interested in ony story. anyway, Mid-autumn Day is one month away, do you have any plans for it? this festival in China is a day to cherish the memory of friends and family members beacuae the round bright moon is the symbol of reuniting. various kinds of delious mooncakes are shared with those you miss and love so much.
Aug 28, 2006 21:34
  • PINETREE
Most older members have heard this before. This is not a new thread, Ex.
But do keep it up please.
Aug 29, 2006 05:05
  • LEMONCACTUS
I love mooncakes, especially with the bean paste or pineapple filling :)

Isn't there another story about a lady in the moon and a tree and a woodcutter who can never cut the tree down ? I have forgotten it. Not connected with Moon Cake Day (as I like to call the Mid Autumn festival).
Post a Reply to: Mid-autumn festival (一), origin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code