Menu
World Link Education-Language Program Review
Aug 18, 2006 06:11
  • LAURALIM
I love Beijing. It seems to reinvent itself every time I visit. Although I may lament some of the "progress" (e.g. McDonald's and Baskin Robbin's) there is no denying that Beijing is now truly a world-class city. No expat will ever be able to claim that Beijing is a "hardship post" again. The juxtaposition of East and West, new and old is sometimes jarring and sometimes charming, but always interesting. I signed up for a Chinese Language program with World Link Education at ACLS ( Academy of Chinese Language Study) and must say this institution is the best by far. I studied before both at Beida and Bei Yu (Beijing University and Beijing Language and Culture University) but the quality of the teachers and the small classes makes a big difference. I guess ACLS is probable the only Chinese academy that has US accreditation as well.

See you in China!

Regards

Martha B
East Asian Languages and Cultures Dep
Columbia University
Aug 28, 2006 23:02
Thanks, great to have some feedback from a fellow ACLS alumnus!
I went to Beijing this May for the summer program organized by World Link Education. The organization was recommended by my older brother who went to a summer program in France a couple of years ago and had nothing but glowing reviews. But my own experience in Beijing was at first not the best. I went during the busy summer period and was unfortunately quite late with my application. The Beijing office couldn’t confirm my accommodation until I arrived. I was first placed in a hotel which was more of a hotel for business people and I missed a lot of student interaction during the first week. After that week a room in the student residence became available so I could move. Other than that I agree the teaching at the school and the service provided by World Link onsite is better than other university sponsored programs.

Sofia Anderson
Student
Georgetown University
Sep 14, 2006 11:38
  • PAYITFORWARD
I've heard about them. Was wondering how efficient
the language classes were.

As you girls have studied in China, can you
give me an opinion of this school I came across.

They claim to help people start speaking Chinese in 58 minutes, with no pen or paper.

yes, that's right. It's not a typo.
They have free lessons so check it out. Very cool and different learning way. lotta stories and all.

if I remember correctly, their website is:
www.chinaspeak.com.au

Post a Reply to: World Link Education-Language Program Review
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code