Menu
Spectacles
Aug 20, 2006 05:10
  • DICKY3
I will be in Shanghai around 10th October for 4 days. I wish to purchase reading and driving glasses and would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I may find Opticians shops.

I will be staying at the Shanghai Ocean Hotel, and a couple of shops near there would help.

Thanks and regards

Richard
Aug 20, 2006 14:56
Whatever you buy, make sure that the lenses have appropriate anti-scratch coatings.

I bought some specs in HK... sure, they were inexpensive... but were thouroughly scratched within a few weeks. Had to throw them away.

Irritatingly, I was expected to haggle over the cost in HK... I expect that the same will be true od Shanghai. I would have rather paid the right price and have recieved the appropriate quality.
Aug 22, 2006 09:10
  • SOLOTO007
hi, you can book a guide who also serve as your personal translator, please logon to www.personalchinaguide.com
Aug 23, 2006 10:05
  • APAULT
I agree that quality ius a problem...mine have become scratchedin only a fewmonths. Also the arms are rusting beneath the plastic. So do look for the quality articles, they should still be cheap. I bought mine from a wholesaler (yes that is no problem here)which was quite a bit cheaper. They will all be in the same place, that is the way here. You may also find some difficulty with some combinations, I couldn't get photochromatic with bifocal.
Aug 23, 2006 10:06
  • APAULT
I agree that quality ius a problem...mine have become scratchedin only a fewmonths. Also the arms are rusting beneath the plastic. So do look for the quality articles, they should still be cheap. I bought mine from a wholesaler (yes that is no problem here)which was quite a bit cheaper. They will all be in the same place, that is the way here. You may also find some difficulty with some combinations, I couldn't get photochromatic with bifocal.
Aug 30, 2006 06:14
  • SHZJ141
maybe i can help as i just get resigned and prepared for my next job as a cadet pilot. So if you need ,i think i can offer you some help. Connect me at :126.com|shzj141.
Post a Reply to: Spectacles
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code