Menu
travel during October holiday period
Aug 27, 2006 08:44
  • MIKEEUK
At short notice I am planning a trip to China in late September & early October 2006
Unlike previously, I would like to see a few different cities but with the public holiday, will I be able to get around ?
Any ideas ? I have been to CHina a couple of times before but had the good fortune of a local guide then when I travelled.

Comments please .....

Aug 27, 2006 10:05
  • JABAROOTOO
You could try the south west especially in Guizhou or Yunnan or even souther Guangxi provinces. There are plenty of less well known places that are really interesting and should not be overcrowded. Just hide away during the first week of Oct after that it gets pretty quiet again.
All the best
Aug 27, 2006 10:05
  • JABAROOTOO
You could try the south west especially in Guizhou or Yunnan or even souther Guangxi provinces. There are plenty of less well known places that are really interesting and should not be overcrowded. Just hide away during the first week of Oct after that it gets pretty quiet again.
All the best
Aug 28, 2006 02:55
  • LEMONCACTUS
Mikeeuk

Jabarootoo's advice is sound, seek out some less touristy places and lie low for the first week in October. Train tickets during this time are pretty much impossible to purchase, especially sleeper tickets for long distances. Buses are usually the best way to hop around short distances.

Ningxia Province is also quiet during the national holidays and off the main tourist route if you're looking for something different.
Aug 28, 2006 03:18
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,LC,

We usually have the same idea:-)

Hi,Mikeeuk,

As LC said,Ningxia is a good place for travelling in public holiday!!!
Sep 10, 2006 10:22
  • MIKEEUK
thanks for that
seem I will go to earth for the early part of October then :)
Sep 10, 2006 10:24
  • MIKEEUK
will save the train journies & sleeper for anogher time
Post a Reply to: travel during October holiday period
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code