Menu
Tour Kunming and Yunan
Aug 29, 2006 02:22
  • MAGDALENE
I am an oversea Chinese and can speak the language. my husband and I are planning to go to Kunming on Oct. 29. We can only stay 5 days. Is it possible to hire a driver to take us around? What is cost? If fly to lijiang can we buy airline ticket after we arrived in Kunming?
Our next destination is Huangshan Is there a direct flight to Huangshan or Hefei?
What weather is like in that time of year in Kunming and Lijiang?
Magdalene
Aug 29, 2006 04:59
  • PINETREE
KM is known as the Spring city - weather is always nice anytime of the year. Lijiang could be a bit chill by Oct. Yunnan is an interesting province to visit.
Suggest take a leisure tour of KM of 2-3 days - join their local tours; it's value for money. Hiring a car would be quite expensive.
From KM, fly to Lijiang from where u can use it as a base to surrounding areas incl Dali, Lugu and ShnagriLa. At Lijiang alone u will need want 3-4 days to savour this little ancient town.
BTW, there is another old town nearby (about 5kms away) called Sha He - not so crowded as Lijiang Old Town but nice too.
Yes, u can book your airline ticket at KM - thro your hotel travel agents.
For domestic flights/prices, u can also search the TCG website here. See the "Search" & aeroplane icon on the top right of this screen ? The agents should be able to get a discount off for u - usually at least 30%, if u book early & deliver the tickets to your room.
Enjoy.
Aug 29, 2006 10:45
  • JABAROOTOO
ONLY 5 days??? Is that to see Kunming, Lijiang and Huangshan,
Above advice about plane schedules is good but at that time of the year you will probably get better discounts of up to 50%, depending on your destination. You usually only need a couple of days but you can get some idea by the number of available flights what the demand will be like.

I have just got some good half price deals dispite it being the end of the school holidays and more people are presumable travelling back home or back to school. You can hire a mini van around Lijiang to take up for a day trip to Tiger leaping gorge but it's not a good base for Dali which is between Kunming and Lijiang and anywhere else is probably too far for you limited time frame. The other vilage Pinetree suggests is well worth the visit but Lijiang. You can cycle out there. Lijiang may not be too crowded atthat tiem of the year either. You will have missed the October peak period.
Post a Reply to: Tour Kunming and Yunan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code