Menu
when is the 1st snow in jiuzhaigou?
Aug 30, 2006 02:10
  • TAKALIM
I will be visitng Jiuzhaigou with my parents in mid Oct so i want to be well prepared for the weather. Does anyone know the 1st snow in Jiuzhaigou? How cold is it during mid Oct? Thanks.
Sep 7, 2006 06:47
  • ASHLEYT
I'm in Chengdu and I was in Jiuzhaigou a few weeks ago. It's cooler than Chengdu. Mid Oct is the prettiest time to visit Jiuzhaigou, and it's not very cold. It don't usually start to snow there until November. You probably should bring a light jacket, long pants and maybe a sweater when you visit in mid Oct. It's not the snow you should be worry about, it's the crowd. It's the peak time in Jiuzhaigou during that time. I would also bring some rain gear if I were you. Hope this helps.

Sep 11, 2006 03:31
  • TAKALIM
Thanks AshleyT, this sure helps a lot.
Sep 11, 2006 10:23
  • GRIZ326
I cannot offer advice on Jiuzhaigou...however...

October is a good time of year to pack some long johns underwear for any high altitude location.

Sweaters and jackets sometimes are not enough. With long johns on you can shed your jacket and sweater if you are too warm.

BTW - I was camping at 8000 feet in the heat of mid-August and did not bring my long johns. I was cold.
Oct 1, 2006 20:42
  • TAKALIM
Thanks GRIZ326 for your advice.
Oct 1, 2006 22:15
  • PINETREE
Whilst it may be so that snow will generally not come to JZG till Nov, it is advisable to visit it before then. Sept/Oct are good months to visit.
It would be a disappointment to go towards later Oct to find that the water is beginning to turn into ice.
Post a Reply to: when is the 1st snow in jiuzhaigou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code