Menu
Love and lost.
Aug 31, 2006 23:33
  • DREAMCATCHER
Many people believe that it is better to have love and lost than not to have love at all. It means that in one's lifetime one should experience the sweetness of a romance and the bitterness of a break-up. Without which, one will never understand why couples behave the way they do in and romance and in a breakup. Romancing couples can appear a bit silly in their behavior. Similarly, breaking-up can sometimes be violent.

So do you agree that it is better to have love and lost than not to have love at all.
Sep 1, 2006 01:04
  • RITA
Well, to answer if it's better to have love and lost than not to have love at all IS LIKE TO ANSWER if I agree that it is better to have life and death than not to have life at all. The answer is obvious.

Life can be full of sweetness, bitterness, happiness and dramas, etc. etc, and can be trivial and mundane, so is love life, it can be romantic and sweet, dramatic and heartrending.

But if we have to live, I'd like to live with love - despite the likelihood of experiencing the resultless relationships, heartbreaking breakups in a lifetime - well, who doesn't ??
Sep 1, 2006 11:47
  • GRIZ326
I believe that is a quote from Alfred Lord Tennyson. Socrates said "The hottest love has the coldest end."

If I did not believe having love in your life is as important as life itself, I would have stopped trying long ago.

What I'd like to find is a sizzling hot love that never ends :)
Sep 1, 2006 22:14
  • JULIETIAN
I do not think "Romancing couples can appear a bit silly in their behavior. Similarly, breaking-up can sometimes be violent".If the lovers think that they are happy by showing their romancing way, let it go beacuse everyone has their own way of experiencing life. While breaking-up may be casued love-losers depressed and sad, meanwhile it may be a good times for you to think what kind of boy/girl match you. Anyway, rich experiences is a fortune.
Sep 1, 2006 23:56
  • APAULT
I have always understood the phrase a little differntly. To me it has meant to have loved but lost out to another, or loved but the other person doesn't respond, or perhaps that it doesnt succeed. I have never considered it to be about the nasty break ups so many of us have been though, or (sorry to say it) will go through. Maybe I am a romantic at heart, after all!! or just naiive?
Sep 2, 2006 07:13
  • MISHEN
I don't know... I think people should be very careful about who they love. I don't think love is just something that 'happens to you' or that you can 'get' - love is best as a verb, it's something you have to do, and keep doing, not just try to hold on to like an object.

If you've loved and lost, you've got to take some of the blame...
Sep 2, 2006 07:47
  • LOVEISVERB
Sometimes you fall in love before you really know this guy, it sounds ridiculous, but it happens; then the breakup is inevitable the things of this guy you are about to find out turn out to be far away from you expect or you can accept. People break up because of knowing more about each other, it happens everywhere in the world anytime, Love can't be THAT reasonable, because it happens in people's heart, not chemistry lab. (sorry, i am not talking about marriage)

Well, I see from the above answers, boys are not so heartbreaking as girls are over breaking ups, they are more easy to getting over with it(because you boys are trying to reason, to analyse, to measure...), haha~~~~~ joking
Sep 2, 2006 19:21
  • MISHEN
Not at all... I've had my share of quite awful break-ups, and so have a lot of guys I know. Maybe it's only when we're older do we realise that what we used to think was love wasn't really love, but infatuation. When we are young we think love is a beautiful feeling and want to give ourselves totally to someone without really knowing what it means to do so. When you really understand what it means to fall in love with someone, you realise it's not something that happens overnight but something that grows, and that takes effort.
Sep 3, 2006 22:11
  • PINETREE
I think it is seldom upto to one to decide whether to love or not. When it comes, it comes. And when it comes, it is like a floodgate opened.
One cannot stop the onset of love. One may try to but it will be torturous. If it is torturous, might as well accept it.
There is no fairy tale ending to everything, I think. All good things come at a price - it is either later break ups or the consequences of the fruit of love that follows.
If it comes to me, I certainly would not want to stop it at all. I enjoy the process totally & have to accept the consequence of it.
Sep 4, 2006 22:54
  • TEKNOMED
Love is an emotion and happens to anyone who is alive. Emotions are what make us human. If you really love someone, real true love, you will be willing to sacrifice anything for the person you are in love with without any thought of he or she receprocating. True love is not selfish. True love do not expect anything in return but your lover's happiness. It is difficult to achive. Most of us human has a romatic notion of love. Maybe we read too much romantic novels, so when the person you love do not reciprocate you get fustrated and maybe start to hate.
Jul 17, 2008 21:33
GUEST21846 When one has lost the love that was so deep, one may never recover to love again with the boundless trust and devotion one has known. My experience has been that I spent 30 years searching again for waht I had lost, and never found it, nor were any of the 'compromises' satisfactory or healthy. Now I am too old, and too jaded, and too mistrustful, for it is true, women are the root of all evil.
Post a Reply to: Love and lost.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code