Menu
8 hour layover in Beijing
Sep 5, 2006 06:50
  • 8BUCKS
We are traveling to Taiyuan in 2 weeks to adopt our daughter.

We land in Beijing after aproximately 17 hours of travel time.

Neither of us sleep well on planes so we expect to get into Beijing pretty well worn out.

We have toured Beijing before and really enjoyed that but on this trip I am concerned about the layover and exhaustion. The last trip we really got behind on sleep at the beginning and then early on you pick up the children.

So we would like to find either a hotel attatched to the airport (easy to get to) or a quiet place in the airport to sleep.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
Sep 5, 2006 07:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,
Many airports in China have facilities/rooms that can be hired by the hour for a shower and a sleep. I noticed this at one of the airports I have flown thru in the past few weeks. Beijing, Chongqing and Shenzhen. Not sure which but you can ask and most airports have hotels nearby. The Holiday Inn in Beijing is pretty close to the Airport from what I remember.

Perhaps someone can give you more details.
Sep 5, 2006 11:46
  • GRIZ326
Be certain to get one of those inflatible U shaped neck pillows. They make sleeping on an airplane much better (but it's still sleeping on an airplane).

I used one on my flight back this summer and it really helped with the trip.

Use the first day of your trip for rest or easy touring then you'll be fit as a fiddle for the rest of the trip. ...but I've always found it easier flying west than flying east....

Sep 5, 2006 19:56
  • HEIDI
what a good idea, GRIZ326. a U shaped pillow is helpgul both on a plane and a coach if you want to have a good sleep during the journey despite the uncomfortable seat.
Post a Reply to: 8 hour layover in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code