Menu
travel along the border into vietnam, cambodia
Sep 7, 2006 22:37
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I’ve seen in TV the charming scenery round the border with vietnam, with terraced rice fields and minority tribe farmers sailing their boat to trade with shoppers in Vietnam etc…
Does anyone know where is exactly this area? And is there a recommended tour to travel from this area, probably Guizhou, into Vietnam?

Thank you ^__^

Sep 8, 2006 01:31
  • KYLE
There are two options into Vietnam from China. From Guangxi or from Yunnan. The places you are talking about are incredible. I reccomend going to Kunming and taking the bus to the boarder (hekou) once you cross the boarder you can rent a motorcycle or take the bus to sapa. It is an amazing ride and the small city itself is full of minorities. After sapa Halong bay is really near. The trip to Vietnam is priceless but remember to get your visa before you go.
Good luck
Apr 6, 2009 05:18
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Now have anyone travelled from Guangxi into Vietnam ? How to and what is it like ?
Apr 6, 2009 21:52
  • ELLYSE
The most direct now would be the Nanning -- Hanoi train and bus.
Apr 9, 2009 11:03
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Is the train to Hanoi desserting Nanning the one departing from Bejing ? i presume one can't book seats when boarding at Nanning, Is it very full ?

What is the bus about ? I totally lack info...

There is not much precise info available, if there are Chinese sites please direct me... !

Thanks again ^^
Apr 9, 2009 13:33
  • ELLYSE
No, it's apparently a separate train that plies between Nanning and Hanoi daily.
Nanning -- Hanoi bus: http://www1.yunde.cn/home/article_show.asp?id=91
Apr 22, 2009 04:58
  • KSWONG
As far as I know, there are 3 official entry points into Vietnam:
1) Hekou in Yunnan province (nearest big city is Kunming). Across the border on Vietnam side is the town of Lao Cai where there is a railway station to take a train to Hanoi.

2) Pingxiang in Guangxi province (nearest city is Nanning). Vietnam side is Lang Son, where you can take a bus to Hanoi.

3) Dongxing in Guangxi province. Vietnam side is Mong Cai, where you can take the bus to Halong city and onwards to Hanoi.

I heard there is a ferry service from Beihai to Halong Bay but I cannot verify this.
Post a Reply to: travel along the border into vietnam, cambodia
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code