Menu
What are churches like in China?
Sep 10, 2006 17:38
  • CHYNAGYRL
Hi. I'm thinking of living in China in the future, speak/understand Chinese, and would like to attend church regularly. Do you know what the churches are like in China? I heard that they're affiliated with the communist party. I'm just wondering what the services are like and how much freedom people have to practice their faith.

(e-mail response to gmail.com|kristinajoie)
Sep 11, 2006 00:22
  • TEKNOMED
There are two types of churches in China. One is registered with the Government and the other is not. Both carry on their services as any churches outside China. Can see any difference in either one as far as worship is concerned.
Sep 11, 2006 10:19
  • JABAROOTOO
Since you can speak and understand Mandarin you would be very welcome to fellowship in one of the recognised churches,many of which have considerable freedom. Non registered churches are a different matter and probably wise not to attend usless invited.

Many of the larger cities have International Fellowships where foreigners i.e. must hold an international passport and includes Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau can fellowship together as freely you would in anywhere else, but again these must be register with the Government.

Where will you be going???
Sep 11, 2006 19:26
  • CHYNAGYRL
I'm thinking of moving to Kunming or Guiyang, Guizhou, but it won't be until March 2007.
Sep 12, 2006 03:01
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't know the other cities,in Beijing,there is a fellowship named BICF---Beijing International Church Fellowship:-)

Good luck!
Post a Reply to: What are churches like in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code