Menu
Q re small beautiful clean city
Oct 16, 2004 03:58
  • RICKAVON
I am considering teaching English in China.

I have many Chinese here in Canada who have emigrated from China. Of course their cities are the best.

But I want to work and live in a small, unpolluted, quiet, safe, city with reasonable living accommodations. I'm not looking for females or bars, etc. I am interested in meeting people and learning the culture.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Rick
Oct 16, 2004 09:48
Please try to contact with them. Tourism and culture college of Yuannan University,which located in Lijiang.
163.com|TTW411.
Oct 16, 2004 21:26
  • RICKAVON
Jie Feng

Thank you for your response. Two people have answered and both have recommended Lijiang. This is very helpful to me. Thank you again.

Rick
Oct 18, 2004 11:30
  • DAISY
Famous for its wonderful scenery, rivers and karst peaks covered in lush greenery, Guilin should be considered also, which is renowned as the most beautiful place in China.

Guilin enjoys a mild climate with moderate rainfall. The stunning scenery is due to karst formations due to the weathering and water erosion of the limestone rocks. Here is a wonderland of stone forests, weird peaks, subterranean streams and caves that will amaze and enthrall the visitor.

Guilin has remained one of China's greenest and most scenic cities.

Oct 18, 2004 20:20
  • RICKAVON
Daisy

Thank you for your reply. Many people have told me that Guilin is beautiful and I think your recommendation is very good. I have also been told that Hainan is a nice place and I see that you've been there also. It seems you have travelled quite a bit through China. Once again I thank you and I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Canada. So if you wish to write here is my email address kos.net|rickavon.

Best wishes
Rick Avon

Oct 19, 2004 10:18
  • DAISY
Hi, Rick!
I don't like Hainan, for its unbearable hotness (to me) and strong solarization. I don't like the tropical climate. To me, it is just an ideal place for swimming and bathing, the island also providing winter refuge from the cold, and is a great summer resort. Most terrible is the typhoon, which descends on the island between June and September. On average during this time the island is hit by a typhoon every 10 days.

While Guilin is well known for its typical Karst formation and all year around pleasant and comfortable climate.
Post a Reply to: Q re small beautiful clean city
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code