Menu
Work - how much is there and what type
Sep 17, 2006 22:45
  • RAWSUSHI
Dear all:

I'm extremely interested in relocating to Chengdu ...

Some background:
I'm married, with two boys (3 & 5)
My wife is Taiwanese
I speak Mandarin extremely well
I've lived abroud for about 10 years of my life...
including:
Europe 1980s and 1990s
Shanghai 2002-2004
Taiwan 1994-1997

I love cities, and love to travel. I miss living abroad (we are in San Jose, CA, USA)

I have done lots of different things - http://www.parkerfairfield.com

Work includes
IT: (I worked at eBay when it was still mostly unheard of) - and several other well known IT companies
Consulting: I've done a lot of strategy, marketing, and business consultig
Training: I've done a lot of teaching/training - and really enjoy it (as long as it's not ABCs; I've done that enough now).

I would love to know what YOU do in Chengdu... and what you think of the market place. When I went to Taiwan I didn't know anyone, and had NO job prior to my arrival. I went to Taichung and literally walked from business to business giving free services of spell checking their marketing collateral, etc. I quickly had a few customers, and then grew from there.

I don't want to do that in Chengdu... but would very much like to know what is happening on the ground there.

Do you know any waiguoren that provide English training/consulting and or marketing services to local companies? Do you?

Thanks... I'm dying to get back to Asia.

Yours,

Parker

Sep 26, 2006 03:09
  • JIUZHAIGOU
What kind of market you mean,as my experienced there are many prefessional markets in center.And at some boards of hotel,traffic hotel,for example,will list some info about English teacher requirement.
Oct 2, 2006 22:54
  • RAWSUSHI
great question.

I was a teacher in Washington DC, and sometimes taught during my 3 yrs in Taiwan.

Professionally though, I have worked in the computers field for about 15 years. I worked at eBay.com, intel, interwoven, as well as a few other companies that are not as famous.

I've a professional resume that can be found if anyone would like it.

Post a Reply to: Work - how much is there and what type
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code