Menu
What would you suggest?
Sep 21, 2006 18:49
  • ADMIRAL
If you had the opportunity to travel in February and March through Guizhou when there are several smaller festivals or delay your travel till April and the beginning of May to experience the Sister's meal festival.
I have inquired previously regarding photography as that would be my prime reason for travel.
From the information I have obtained the Sister's meal festival would be very crowded and from what I gather it is also a holiday that week?
Would the smaller and frequent venues be more than sufficient to encounter ladies in their silver finery and also how about a choice for weather?
I would also like to travel to the Guilin area and again the weather would play a factor. To complicate things further I may also do a pre or post extension and travel to Yunnan to photograph the rice terraces at Yuanyang but would like to go before the rice is planted.
Any suggestions would be most welcomed.
Thank you
Sep 22, 2006 10:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Admiral,
April May would be better weather wise although Guangxi and Guizhou are usually a little milder than other provinces during Winter. You can find the girls dressed in all thier finery inany small village that is attracting tourist. Have a look at my visit to Lengde near Kaili. Have you contacted Louisa, a member on the forum. She is the best to give you advice on the best time to come and help you find what you are looking for.

Happy snapping
Post a Reply to: What would you suggest?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code