Menu
working/teaching in Nanjing.
Sep 25, 2006 08:36
  • SANPEDRO72
Hello to you all. I've got a friend in China who has suggested I work there as an English teacher. From the photos I've looked at, the city looks fantastic. So now I am hoping to spark some serious interest whether as a full-time private tutor, household tutor, or classroom teacher. You know, I'd just get there, but I need some assurance or some relocation assistance. It would be nice to get some bites from fellow Americans out there. Thank you for reading, Jacob
Sep 25, 2006 09:44
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Jacob,Yes Nanjing is a pretty good spot tochoose, but unless you have contacts and connections there then the best option is to take a contract for 12 months with a good University or middle school.

This gives you a chance to find your feed, decide if you really like it all enough to stay. There are some things that can spin you out if not prepared for it. All your expenses are covered and you don't have to think about too much.

During this first year you kind of learn the ropes, network and then you can take it from there.

Google ESL in china and check out daveseslcafe forum for a lot of useful info from teachers on the ground. What to expect and what not to put up with.

All the best and let's know when you arrive.
Post a Reply to: working/teaching in Nanjing.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code