Menu
Taxis in Chinese Cities?
Sep 28, 2006 23:05
  • STHORNTON
I was recently in Beijing where taxis are not permitted to carry more than four passengers.

I am a single parent of 4 children. Does anyone know if there are regulations that prohibit taxis from carrying more than 4 passengers in the following cities?

* Shanghai?
* Shenyang?
* Xi'an?
* Xiamen?
* Guanzhou?
* Wuhan?

Thank you!
Sep 29, 2006 00:18
  • PINETREE
Am not sure whether it is by laws that taxis in China are not allowed to carry more than 4. But I recall that it is stated on the taxi itself - the max passengers permitted. This is also the same in other cities in China.
But logically thinking, there must be a max load to all carriers. Am sure that this is also practised in our own countries. China is no exception. Or are we expecting China to be different for our convenience ?
Sep 29, 2006 00:36
  • CALIFORNIA
If your children are little,that's possible!
Nov 12, 2006 02:33
  • ELLYSE
Yes, taxis all over China are usually not allowed to have any more than 4 passengers. How old are your kids?
Nov 17, 2006 09:53
  • JABAROOTOO
You will find that this is the law. only four passengers and for very practical reasons. Most taxis are small and any more would no be comfortable.

However after having said that I know of families here of five who only take one taxi but this is because firstly the driver permits itand secondly the children are small enough to fit or sit on a parents knee.

Rules in China like elsewhere are made to be broken and this happens all around us everyday.

I have endured 7 adults crammed into a five seat sedan for more than two hours. Had I known that this was the case before we set out I may have concelled the invitation until suitable transport was arranged.

It is up to you and of course the driver.
Post a Reply to: Taxis in Chinese Cities?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code