Menu
Places to Visit and stay for a night at Hongkong
Sep 30, 2006 08:23
  • THIYAGUPS
I am travelling to hong kong and I get one day to visit the tourist places. can any one help me what are the places I should visit and which is the best place to stay. staying near international airport is advisible or request to suggest a place for staying so that I can enjoy hongkong night life.

Thanks
Sep 30, 2006 10:19
  • PPNUTS
Best to pick a hotel on the Kowloon Peninsular. In the morning you can cross the Victoria Harbout and go to the peak on Hong Kong Island to take a bird's eye view of Hong Kong. In the afternoon you can do some shopping in Mongkok back on the Kowloon Peninsular, then take a walk on the water front of Tsimshatsui East or join a ferry cruise to enjoy the world's most splendid view of the Oriental Pearl at night.

You can also go to the Repulse Bay on the southern side of Hong Kong Island if there is time to spare in the morning. A quiet and beautiful beach overlooking the South China Sea.

In between, take some time to enjoy the good food which can easily be found round street corners or by taking the advice in tourist guide books.
Sep 30, 2006 10:20
  • JABAROOTOO
Can't advise on accommodation except there is plenty of it everywhere.
But don't miss a visit to the Victoria Peak, especially at night. Catch the 'harbour lights show' near the star ferry terminal which begins about 8.00pm and last around 15/20 mins.
Take the ferry from here to central where a double decker toplessbus will get you to the 'peak tramway' for the very seep accent to the peak. Plenty of entertainment up here but much of it closes around ten but the tram runs much later.

Enjoy your stay
Nov 2, 2006 23:35
  • YAUCL
To: PPNUTS

Your advice to THYAGUPS is very informative to travellers visiting Hong King for the first time.

Similarly, my companion and I are budget travellers and will be making a 4-day stay in Hong Kong during June next year.

Being Malaysian Chinese who would like to savour the authentic original Chinese cuisine, we would like to seek your recommendations on some economical good local places where food eateries are around street corners(not necessary renowned restaurants)that Hong Kong is proud of.

Some even appeared as location shots for TVB video series.

Thank you.

yaucl.
Nov 2, 2006 23:53
  • YAUCL
To: PPNUTS

Looking at the tourist map of Hong Kong and unfamiliar of its geography, beside the downtown shopping malls, many of the interesting tourist spots are dispersed well throughout Hong Kong.

Can you please recommend a suitable location with budget accomnodation facilities to park ourselves for a 4-day vacation stay without facing much mobility problems of spending excessive time chasing after buses or taxis.

Our main interests are focussed on outdoor activities together with sampling food varieties, rather than shopping in malls and complexes.

Thank you.

yaucl.
Nov 6, 2006 08:56
  • FAERIEQUEENE
4 days there's ample time to move about in the small city. Sounds like you should join a local tour in a coach.... You could also include one day excursion to Macau or to Guilin.
Enjoy!
Post a Reply to: Places to Visit and stay for a night at Hongkong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code