Menu
what is the different between Yiwu and Guangzhou wholesale market?
Oct 3, 2006 23:04
  • BIZEYES

Dear All
We are an importing / trading company in (EU) for thelast 30 years and we are coming to China for a business trip this November. We are thinking of visitin either Yiwu or
Guangzhou. We want to buy a big variety of goods but not big Quantity per item We were told that Yiwu is best for us, but a friend of mine told me also about Guangzhou. what is the different between Yiwu and Guangzhou

Any answer are appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Oct 4, 2006 04:34
  • SASHA
Hello and welcome to China,

It all depends which kinds of products you are interested in.

Yiwu is biggest market-place in China (this says enough!), mostly concentrated on gift/decoration-like items, but there are also many other products catoegories, too.
It is definitely No.1 place to visit for your busines profile.

Guangzhou is also interesting, there are lots of clothes markets, and also other products, which shouldn't be avoided.

As frequent EU-China flyer, I recommend travel from EU to China via HongKong (this will save money for ticket), and Guangzhou is only 1.5h by train, where you can visit local markets, but also use it as transfer point and conveniently fly to Yiwu as your main destination.

I'm European living and working in Guangzhou and HongKong, very busy during October (Guangzhou & HongKong trade-fairs), but in November I'm free, so if you need any help, information or just friendly suggestion, please let me know, I would be happy to help in any way.

I'm going to Yiwu with my clients next week, if I catch some free time then I can check the situation about the products that you are interested in.

As foreigner living in China, most of business success I owe to help and support from friends and people I met, so that is why I'm happy to help to other people who come here for the first time. You can send me private message here if you need any further information or contact, I don't like to leave it here on public posts.

Important note: Never leave your contacts (email/phone) here opened on forum posts, use those only in private messages to other members.

Cheers,
Sasha
Guangzhou/HongKong
Oct 22, 2006 02:43
  • NINAVUONG
Hello Sasha !

My name is Nina, I am from Australia.

I will going to guangzhou on 1/11/06. I will stay there 2 weeks.

I am really need your help. This is my second time I had been in Guangzhou for my business.

I have many problem with communication and barggan price when I went to clothes wholesale market.

Beside that, I don't know how to contact the Shipping Agency.

It really hard for me if i don't speaking chinese language.

If you can help me during the time I have been in guangzhou,I am very appreciated.

Please forward message to me at: hotmail.com|ninavuong

Thank you very much
Regards
Nina

Nov 7, 2006 05:52
  • BENY999
hi
friend
bag .garment .shoes in Guang Zhou price is cheap

furniture is in Shun De city .it is nearby Guang Zhou

shoes factory is in Hui Dong city.2.5 hours by car from Guang Zhou.

any problem you meet in Guang Zhou .you can call me 0086--13423666013 i am beny
Nov 9, 2006 21:04
  • YUHAOROMAN
hi,BIZEYES,welcome aboard.

as a native and international businessman, I can give you some tips.

Tip 1. Yiwu is the biggest small commodity market in china, there is nothing you can't find there. as you are "buy a big variety of goods but not big Quantity per item", definitely Yiwu should at the top of your priority. we have many other markets not only in Guangzhou, but many places, however no one can beat Yiwu in size and variety.
if you are looking for certain product, maybe you can try(Jinjiang sportswear market, Keqiao textile market, Haining Leather market, Linhai glasses market,the list go on and on). you can check the website for more details(http://www.chinafairs.org/intro/en/home/index.asp)

Tip 2 for shipping agent, you can check http://www.cargocare-freight-shipping.com/shipping-information/agents.htm to ask for a quotation.

if you have any other question, PT me please.

Steven
Sep 25, 2007 09:34
GUESTBAJAJ J... Hi
I really appreciate ur effort of being so nice for the persons who need ur help. I am coming to Guangzhou on 20th Oct. I am interested in Sports products. I will appreciate if u can guide me in telling the wholesale markets for the sport goods.
Sep 25, 2007 09:55
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,BIZEYES,

We recommend Yiwu considering the competitive price and style choices.

Have a good biz trip!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Sep 29, 2007 08:22
GUESTYANTITANTO Hi all,

Would you please recommend me an Whosale Glasses Optical Market in Guangzhou or Yiwu?
Which is the best from price , model , and minimum quantity?
How far the trip from Guangzhou to Yiwu by train?
any recommendation transportation?

Really appreciate all information
Thanks

yahoo.com|yantitanto
Sep 29, 2007 08:34
GUESTDA SHENG hi all,

i'm running in glass optical business. need to buy optical goods like frame, glasses in china market.
would you please recommend me the wholesale optical glasses market in guangzhou and Yiwu?
which one is better, compared from price, design, minimum quantity ?
what i need is around 500 pcs totally.
Really appreciate all comments.
Thanks
Thanks
Oct 24, 2007 15:05
GUESTGUESTRAHA Hello everyone!

Could you recommend a lighting wholesale market in Guangzhou or near by? I am interested in lighting indoor and outdoor residential lighting products.

Regards
Nov 19, 2007 07:07
GUEST79735 Dear Sir/Madam
we will come to guangzhou next month. and we are interested to buy wholesale fabrics, so please can you tell me where should we go i guangzhou? or if there is a better place than guangzhou then please advice us.
Thank you
best regards
Page 1 of 194    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what is the different between Yiwu and Guangzhou wholesale market?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code