Menu
Welcome to My Hometown
Oct 8, 2006 07:27
  • ILOVEHARBIN
I've lived in Harbin for over 20 years and I know Harbin very well.

I'd be happy to provide tour service to people who come to my hometown.

I also offer Mandarin lessons and translation service.

Contact me at gmail.com|tiankun
Oct 13, 2006 12:20
  • INTIANJIN
Hi. Tiankun,

I'm from Canada also and I've wanted to go to Harbin and QiQi. Its funny that us Canadians want to go to these places :D

I heard Harbin can be dangerous though. Maybe its because everyone drinks? I heard people sometimes get mugged. Hearing there are Russian prostitutes kinda makes it sound dangerou. I heard Moscow was one of the world's most dangerous cities (outside Africa).

I looked for teaching jobs there before but the wages listed were small for a Canadian (5,000-6,000rmb/month).

Does your temperature get to -40c in the cities in winter?
Oct 17, 2006 04:19
  • ILOVEHARBIN
Hey Jake

How's Tianjin treating you? I was there for a week about 2 months ago, and I liked it there - the old buildings and small streets all reminded me of Harbin(I was on my way back to Harbin).

It's definitely safe in Harbin I can assure you, I've been here for so many years and I go out to the same places those Russians go, I've never been involved in a fight. It all depends on who you are, how much you drink and how you behave. And Harbin people are generally very friendly.

The temperature never gets to -40C. The lowest last year was about -32C one night, and usually at daytime it's about -22C on average. You can always wear warm clothes, or stay inside where it's warm with heating.

5,000-6,000rmb/month is pretty good, much more than we make. Everything here is cheaper you know.

Jun 19, 2012 18:10
GUESTASHLEY I been lived in new york since i was born now i'm turning 13 and i really want to moved to another state but even i want to moved with my family i really love there i can see famous people
Post a Reply to: Welcome to My Hometown
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code