Menu
6 days to do it all
Oct 9, 2006 19:50
  • KATEAWOL
I have 6 days left (after already spending a week in Beijing) to travel China and end up in Hong Kong. I will be traveling in May. Of course I'd like to see Shanghai and the Yagtze River-- am I being too ambitious? Any advice on what I should do with my 6 days and how on earth I can still get to Hong Kong? Thanks!
Oct 10, 2006 12:09
I am sorry to say that you are not just ambitious, you are very optimistic. If you are still in Beijing it will take you a couple of days traveling to reach Hong Kong, 1 day if you choose to fly. 6 days are not enough for Hong Kong alone. Maybe you should choose one out of the 3 mentioned destinations (Hong Kong, Yangzi river or Shanghai).
Oct 11, 2006 02:54
  • LUOLONG
Ref. to you're 6 left days

1 day
Flight Beijing-Chonqing. Book a chin. tourist Yangtze boat from Chongqing to Yichang (check arrival time in Yichang)
2nd - 4th day
In Yichang you have also the possibility to visit by local bus the tree goerges dam. From Yichang fly to Shanghai.
5th day
Visit Shanghai. Buy express night train ticket to Hong-Kong or fly.
6th day
Arrival in HK

This time shedule is very tight. If you should run out of time, you still can fly from Yichang directly to HK. Most of the time you will spent on the Yangtze. Think about to skip it and just take express night train from Beijing-SH-HK and spent more time in and around the cities.

Very helpfull infos can be found on "destination guide" CTRIP (http://english.ctrip.com/index.asp)

Hope it helps
Oct 11, 2006 03:04
  • LUOLONG
again me...
Did you say Mai...Forget it if you plan to start my proposed itinery the first week of May (Labour day, 1 week off) you will be stucked somewhere in Chongqing already, but for 200% sure in Yichang...!!!!
Post a Reply to: 6 days to do it all
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code