Menu
China in a hurry
Oct 10, 2006 00:50
  • YKPHIL
I never traveled that fast before but I promised 2 friends I would take them to China for their 2-week holiday. I've been to China many times, since 1984, always at a very slow pace and most times spending several weeks "idle" in the same place. But this time I will need some advice about the itinerary I would like to take: we arrive in HK, plan to spend 3 days there, then since I'm there I want to see old friends in Heshan (Guangdong) and Quanzhou (Fujian). Then I would like to see Tongli or Zhouzhang, near Shanghai, then move on to Beijing from where we will depart after spending a few days to visit the major sites. What would be the best route to get from HK to my final destination, via these smaller cities? I particularly enjoy train travel and would like to travel that way as much as possible. How can I plan this journey?
Oct 10, 2006 01:26
  • MAY001
Take a train from Hong Kong and then transfer bus at Shenzhen, you can get to Heshan easily. There are aslo direct bus to Heshan at Kowloon.
It seemed that there are no direct trains from Guangdong to Quanzhou. Maybe take a coach is better.
Take train to Shanghai, Tongli and Zhouzhuang are not far away. Then take a overnight train to Beijing.
Oct 10, 2006 03:21
Hi, It's alot that you have planned in a short two weeks' trip to China! Just Beijing alone you would need at least 5 days for sure. If you need lodgings in the Beijing city, please write to me:

comfortbeijing#yahoo.com.cn
(replace # with @)

Cheers!
Oct 20, 2006 20:28
  • YKPHIL
Thanks to both of you for your advice. It is indeed a lot of mileage in such a short time, but I got to keep my promise!

Cheers
Phil
Post a Reply to: China in a hurry
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code