Menu
Han Yang Ling museum (Yang Tomb)
Oct 18, 2006 15:39
  • MMCAT
we went there this summer and it's a great place to visit. i like the way the museum is constructed. it is underground, you can stand right on top of the relic and see through the glass floor what's burried underground with the king (thousands of terra-cotta pigs, sheep, horses, cows, hens, and also soldiers). you are also able to see archeologists working onsite, excavating... they have a nice short 3d movie there introducing the history related to the king burried in this tomb which is very interesting! but i don't know if they have a english version of the movie.

I heard that there are over 10 tombs of Hang emperors in the area but not all of them is open to public yet.

anyway, recommand it.

Oct 19, 2006 10:08
  • FAERIEQUEENE
What a shame i missed this one, it was all rainy at end August...
Sure the tombs in xian got their own charm, they are mysterious, and one could envision the Qin, Tang and Han dynasties
Oct 19, 2006 16:01
  • MMCAT
you always get a chance to go again, :). it might take life long to really "read" a city that's got so much history and culture.

p.s., we were there in may and june, weather was amiable. :) may and june are good months coz summer could be real hot.
Post a Reply to: Han Yang Ling museum (Yang Tomb)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code