Menu
Visa Problem - Can anyone help?
Oct 18, 2006 20:58
OK,need advice here.My friend is stuck in Hong Kong unable to get a new L visa to re-enter China.He has been living and working in China for the past 2 years and this is the first time he has had problems.His visa application was rejected first in Macau then in Hong Kong through CTS.He is from Croatia in Europe.We don't know why it was rejected.All his belongings are in Zhongshan and his Hong Kong stay will expire in 14 days.He has little money to travel back to his home country or any other.Everything is in his apartment in China.
If anyone can give any advice I'd be really grateful, it's a very difficult situation.
Thanks!
Oct 18, 2006 21:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Try to apply it in HK:-)
Oct 18, 2006 21:12
  • MAY001
Don't know what happened to your friend. Since he has been living and working in China for 2 years, ask his working place for help may be helpful.
Oct 19, 2006 08:33
  • APAULT
As I understand the system, there is little u can do, thedetails are in the PSB database.

I also went to Macau after Z visa expired and had no problem. Has he been woking illegally on an L visa before? He might be able to applyn for an F visa...but I am not sure how he would go with this.

Try all the travel agents in HK, see if any can offer suggestions.

Oct 20, 2006 08:53
  • JABAROOTOO
It is important to understand that an L visa is a TOURIST VISA and if your friend has been in China for two years on only L visas then the government would be justifiable suspicious. They are not happy when foreigners (or nationals helping foreigners) try to circumvent the system. This would mean that he has possibly not had the Foreign Residents Permit FRP which enables us to live legally in the country.

To work officially we must all enter the country on a valid Z visa acquired outside of the mainland and it issued at the request of a company or registered work unit or educational facility which supplies the necessary letter of invitation to work for them.

This visa is only really valid for 30 days after entry – when an FRP is required to continue to live here. This permit allows us to leave and enter the country as often as we like during its period of validity.

Each foreigner is required to register with the local PSB within 24 hours of entry. In many cases this first registration would be in a hotel (especially tourists) where forms are almost always completed for foreign guests taking away the need for us to find the PSB to register in person. Any failure to follow these procedures can irritate the authorities as I once discovered.

The other alternative is to apply for a BUSINESS visa for 6 months. I’ll have some more first hand information on this in a couple of weeks but this will be too late for your friend.

I’m afraid it is not looking too good for him as he has been rejected twice now, once in Macau and once in HK. The paperwork will be sent to the same embassy in HK so his name will most likely be on a blacklist.

His best option is to find a legitimate operator to issue him with the appropriate invitation to WORK in China and he can then apply for a Z visa and re-enter the country legally and resume his work.

I wish him all the best
Post a Reply to: Visa Problem - Can anyone help?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code