Menu
Travel to Xian
Oct 21, 2004 08:30
  • JCALIM
Hi

Does anyone know how i can book domestic flights from Beijing to Xian and what are the flights/carriers available? How much is the approximate cost per person?

Should I book it before i get to Beijing or can i just go to a travel agent in Beijing and book it then?

Any tips on what hotel is good in Xian?

Oct 21, 2004 09:32
  • DAISY
Hi, Jcalim!
When will you come to Xian? It all depends on the time when you will come.If not the high season for the tourism and transportation, you will get the ticket with an ideal discount, and can get it before you leave for Xian from Beijing.
And the air ticket system is very convenient now. Last Saturday my cousin would go to Tibet, and we just saw the ticket-booking hot line, and then gave them a call and told them our requirements. After offering the concerned data they required, such as name, ID number, also the address where you are now, they sent the ticket in our hands within 1.5 hours. So efficient! And no service charge! What we paied is just the airfare and the airport construction fee.
So if it is not the busy period for the flight, you can buy the ticket after your arrival in Beijing.
Also you can book it online. If it is a little bit pressing, you should assure it before your leaving your country.
If but the ticket via travel agent, I think the service charge should be inlcluded.

Hope what I said above can give you an idea^_^

Oct 21, 2004 09:42
  • DAISY
the airefare from Beijing to Xian is about RMB1,050 for the business class.

And about the hotel in Xian, which class would you prefer to?

Hyatt Regency Xian (5 Star)
Address: No.158 East Main Street, Xi'an 710001, China

Hyatt Regency Xian has gained the reputation as one of Xian's best favorite hotels. Ideally located within the ancient walls of historic Xian, the Provincial Government Offices, central business district and the major entertainment, shopping and nightlife areas are easily accessed on foot or by a short taxi ride. It is 43km away from the airport and 10km from railway station. The Eighth Wonder of the World, the Qin Emperor's Terracotta Warriors, is located 50 minutes away and the Hyatt Concierge can easily arrange tours.

Bell Tower Hotel, Xian (4 Star)
Address: No.110 Nan Street, Xi'an 710002, China

The Bell Tower Hotel (Zhonglou fandian) is located in city centre. It is 45 km to the airport, 4.5 km to the railway station, and 45 km to the Museum of Terracotta warriors. It is managed by the Holiday Inn group and has all the facilities and amenities that you would expect from a hotel of this standard. You can find many historical sites within walking distance from the hotel. Surroundings include Bell & Drum Square, City Wall, and Great Mosque.

Thess two, good location with conveient transportation, and supper service!
Oct 21, 2004 15:04
  • JCALIM
Hi Daisy

Thank you for the information. I will be in Beijing next week and most likely will be in Xian end of next week. I think it shouldn't be the peak season now? What is the weather like now?

What booking hotline is that and where can i reach them to book the airtickets?

Any other hotels to recommend in Xian that are 3 or 4 stars? Any good hotels nearer to the terracotta warriors?
Oct 22, 2004 10:49
It's not the peak season now.It's kinda getting cold out here in Xi'an. So if possible, take your sweater and jackets.
Still there are some nice 3 or 4 star hotels. Like Tangcheng Hotel.Hong Ye Hotel...
You can easily book air tickets in Hotel. You can also call hotline. But not sure if they offer english services. Here I offer you some hotline 029-88211111 029-87711111 029-88320200.
Well, if you need help, I can do it for you. It's just dowstairs.
qianlong.com|jie1976
Oct 22, 2004 15:19
  • SLEEPYDOG
As I know, it is very easy to book a flight in
any hotel. You can get more information from hotel receiption.
Also, there are many flight available flights from Beijing to Xi'an, if you choose early morning or noon flight, maybe you can get more
attactive discount.
One more correction for Dasiy's info. RMB1050.00 is for economy-class, the business-class should be RMB1365.00 net. : )
Post a Reply to: Travel to Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code