Menu
HK Ferry to Heshan
Oct 20, 2006 21:01
  • YKPHIL
Hello again, I heard there may be a ferry from HK Ferry terminal to Heshan but I can't find any info. on schedule and ferry location. Is anyone familiar with this ferry?
Thanks again for any help
Phil
Oct 20, 2006 21:49
  • YKPHIL
Well, I'm replying to myself, the internet is a marvelous thing, I found that there is indeed a ferry fro the HK Ferry Terminal to Heshan and other mainland cities in the Guangdong Province around HK and Guangzhou, operated by Chu Kong. Takes only 2:30 hours, not too bad.

http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/route/main.html

Still looking for the best way to get from Heshan to Quanzhou. I think I may have to go to Guangzhou to catch a train, or go back to HK. Don't know what would be faster. This is a trip against the clock, no time for sightseeing, I just want to catch as many of my friends as possible throughout China on this short journey, some I haven't seen since 1984!
Nov 12, 2006 02:55
  • ELLYSE
Quanzhou has very limited train links, so yes, you'll have to go back to Guangzhou to get a train to Quanzhou.
If you want to take a train from Quanzhou to Shanghai, you'll have to change trains somewhere, and that's not the best idea re time and convenience. I think the best way would still be to fly this leg.
Nov 12, 2006 04:25
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, correction there. There's no train going to Quanzhou from Guangzhou or anywhere else in Guangdong province. You might want to take a bus from Guangzhou to Quanzhou; or an overnight train from Guangzhou to Xiamen and then a 2-hour bus ride from Xiamen to Quanzhou.
Apr 2, 2007 21:51
  • YKPHIL
Thanks so much for the information. I was away and just got it now.
Aug 24, 2008 06:37
GUESTHENRICK

yo mate !

thiz is sum good info..u've got down ..i'm kinda planing a trip to quanzhou frm HK ..but just dnt knw hw to get there...lol'z anyways if ya got sum more idea'z of getting down there plz do mail me on hotmail.com|hero_only4us hop u wnt mind doing tht ...anywayz thanxs

cheers!
henrick
Aug 24, 2008 21:38
  • APAULT
From HK, I would probably cross into Shenzhen and look for a bus to Xiamen from there (there is a large bus station next to the railway station after you cross the border.) If that doesn't work following what Ellyse said a while back, you can catch a train to Guangzhou and take a train to Xiamen, or a bus from Tianhe bus station (very easy to get to in NE Gz), there are plenty of evening buses and perhaps some in the day. Then you can take a bus from Xiamen. (I travelled from Gz on these buses a few weeks ago)
Aug 25, 2008 08:54
  • ELLYSE
Try going by train, bus or ferry to Shenzhen, then bus to Quanzhou.
Shenzhen Futian long-distance bus station -- Quanzhou: departures at 1740, 1800 (every other day) and 1810; fare 200-210 RMB, journey time 12 hours.
Shenzhen Nanshan long-distance bus station -- Quanzhou: departure at 1940, fare 260 RMB, journey time 11 hours.
Post a Reply to: HK Ferry to Heshan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code